This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
A face primer can make or break how the rest of your makeup looks, applies, and stays on all day so it’s important to invest in a primer that suits your unique skin type.
And if you’re an animal lover (who isn’t!) then you’ll also want to make sure your face and eye primers weren’t tested on animals or contain any animal ingredients, making them cruelty-free and vegan!
To help you navigate through the plethora of cruelty-free and vegan primer options available at Sephora, I’ve found some of the best animal-free options for those with oily skin, dry skin, or simply wanting a pore minimizing effect.
Below is a list of primers (for face and eyes) that are vegan and don’t contain any animal ingredients and are from brands that don’t test on animals and have no parent company animal testing too:
Vegan Face Primers for Oily Skin
- Milk Makeup – Luminous Blur Stick Primer ($36)
- FARSALI – Unicorn Essence ($54)
- COOLA – Daydream Mineral Primer ($42)
Vegan Face Primers for Dry Skin
- COVER FX – Anti-Aging Primer ($38)
- Kat Von D – Lock-It Hydrating Primer ($32)
First Aid Beauty – Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer ($28)*no longer considered cruelty-free
Vegan Blurring Face Primers
- Milk Makeup – Blur Stick ($36)
- COVER FX – Blurring Primer ($38)
Vegan Eyeshadow Primers
- Ciaté London – Partner In Prime Extreme Wear Eyeshadow Primer ($20)
- ILIA – Natural Brightening Eye Primer ($24)
More vegan eye primer options (not shown in above photo):
- Ciaté London – Cooling Shadow Slick™ Eyeshadow Primer ($16)
More vegan face primer options (not shown in above photos):
- COVER FX – Calming Primer ($38)
- COVER FX – Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment ($38)
- COVER FX – Illuminating Primer ($38)
- COOLA – Dawn Patrol™ Classic Makeup Primer SPF 30 ($42)
- ILIA – Cucumber Water Stick ($42)
- Ciate London – Dewy Spritz ($25)
- KORRES – Wild Rose Smoothie Brightening Priming Moisturiser ($45)
- Kopari – Coconut Rose Toner ($24)
- Supergoop! – Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40 ($32)
6 thoughts on “Cruelty-Free & Vegan Primers at Sephora”
is vegan makeup halal??? kindly tell me
I’m not particularly familiar with halal makeup but to my knowledge, some cruelty-free and vegan cosmetics contain alcohol.
Alcohol isn’t derived from animals so it’s considered vegan. With that being said, not all vegan makeup is considered halal.
Hope that answers your question!
I am so amazed and happy I found this website , I will be doing a cleaning on my makeup bag and I sadly have products that are tested in animals which I didn’t know but I am going to do the change !
Looking up the Farsali Unicorn Essence I found this review by motomom21 on Sephora posted 10 days ago:
“I give it three stars because I feel like it brighten my skin. It didn’t work as a primer before my makeup application but I used it at night after I washed my face. I wish I could give it five stars but it contains artificial coloring. Red 33, petroleum made from coal tar, red 1, coloring made from bugs, and blue 1 is also a form of coal tar. I wish it didn’t have artificial coloring. Look into the artificial coloring.”
If this is true it wouldn’t be considered vegan. Can you please confirm?
According to me, cruelty free vegan primers are the most wonderful product which is essential for the rough skin. Without using this product, you can not get a plain and smooth skin which is desired by all. So, we should use this product.
Is there any way to include where items are manufactured?