At Ethical Elephant (“Ethical Elephant” or “we”), we recognize the need to protect the privacy of the personal information we collect or you provide to us when you access and use our website (www.ethicalelephant.com) (the “Website”).
1. Protection of Your Information. We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your Personal Information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, as required by applicable law.
2. Type and Purpose of Collection. We collect information at various points in the Website to facilitate its use by our customers. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
- Non-Personal Information: Upon accessing the Website, certain non-personal information will be automatically collected without your knowledge or consent, such as your IP address and the referring website (“Non-Personal Information”). We use Non-Personal Information to examine our traffic and to view how our customers use the Website. This type of information will not allow you to be personally identified. For example, we use “cookies”, which contains only certain statistical information. You can instruct your computer to inform you whenever a cookie is being sent, or you can disallow cookies through your web browser. If you do choose to disallow cookies, your experience on the Website may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website may be limited.
- Identifying Personal Information: To utilize some portions of the Website or some of the services provided therein, you must first provide personal information that will allow you to be identified (“Personal Information”). This type of information will not be collected without your consent. The purposes of the collection of Personal Information are the following:
- To establish a relationship with you;
- To facilitate your service through our Website;
- To facilitate your service with our affiliated service providers;
- To anticipate and resolve problems with your service;
- To understand your needs and desires vis-à-vis the Website;
- To update you on changes to our services or products, including new promotions.
- We expressly acknowledge that we will not use your Personal Information for any other purposes without your consent. Further, we will only collect Personal Information to the extent necessary for the above-mentioned purposes. The Personal Information we collect will vary depending on how you are using the Website but may include, without limitation, your address, phone number, email address, and credit card information, resume, portfolio link and bank account information for wiring purposes.
3. Right to Examine Information. You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to info[at]ethicalelephant.com. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another user)
4. Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to info[at]ethicalelephant.com. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us again with your request. If you do choose to withdraw such consent, your experience on the Website may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website or the services provided therein may be limited.
5. Sharing Information. We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect, save and except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
- Affiliated Service Providers: We have agreements with various affiliated service providers to facilitate the functioning of the Website, with whom we may share the information we have collected. For example, we may share your credit card information with the credit card service provider to process your purchase. All administrative service providers that we use are required to have the same level of privacy protection as we have, and therefore we expect that your information will be handled with the same level of care that we employ.
- Where required by law: We may share the collected information where required by law, specifically in response to a demand from government authorities where such demand meets the legal requirements.
- Statistical Analysis: We may share Non-Personal Information and aggregated information with third parties for advertising or marketing purposes. No Personal Information will be shared in this manner.
- Transactions: In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where collected information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
6. External Links. The Website contains links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
9. Persons Under 18. The Website is not marketed toward persons under the age of 18. If Ethical Elephant discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information about individuals under the age of 18, it will promptly delete such information.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.