This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Anastasia Beverly Hills, also known as ABH, is well known for their wildly popular and transforming brow products but is Anastasia Beverly Hills cruelty-free and vegan?
Is Anastasia Beverly Hills Cruelty-Free?
Anastasia Beverly Hills does not test any of their products, ingredients, for formulations on animals, anywhere in the world.
It should be noted that Anastasia Beverly Hills sells makeup brushes made with animal hair.
ABH’s Animal Testing Policy
Anastasia Beverly Hills has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf. Their suppliers also do not test on animals nor do they allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law. And finally, their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of Anastasia Beverly Hills’ official animal testing statement:
Is Anastasia Beverly Hills Sold in China?
Most imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals in 2022. However, Anastasia Beverly Hills has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
“We do not sell in physical stores in China.”
Is Anastasia Beverly Hills Vegan?
Not all of Anastasia Beverly Hills products are vegan as they do use carmine, lanolin, beeswax, and/or other animal-derived ingredients in some of their products but Anastasia Beverly Hills does have some vegan makeup that are free of animal-derived ingredients and by-products.
Note: ABH’s Brush #14 is made with animal hair.
Please reference below for a list of Anastasia Beverly Hills vegan products.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re marked accordingly on their website under each product description. See below for an example.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Vegan Product List
As of 2021, I will no longer be regularly updating this list of Anastasia Beverly Hills vegan products as all of their vegan products are now clearly marked. Check their website for the most up-to-date and accurate information on which products are vegan or not.
Below is a list of Anastasia Beverly Hills’ products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
- Brow Powder Duo
- Brow Primer
- Brow Pro Palette
- Brow Wiz®
- Clear Brow Gel
- Dipbrow® Pomade
- Perfect Brow Pencil
- Pro Pencil
- Tinted Brow Gel – Blonde, Caramel, Chocolate, Brunette, Espresso, Granite
- Better Together Brow Kit
- Eye Primer
- Glitter Adhesive
- Liquid Liner
- Loose Glitter
- Norvina Electric Cake Liners
- Norvina Glitter
- Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 1
- Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 2
- Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 3
- Norvina Pro Pigment Palette Vol. 4
- Pro Pencil
- Waterproof Creme Color
- Dewy Set Setting Spray
- Hydrating Oil
- Loose Setting Powder
- Luminous Foundation
- Shimmer Body Oil
- Stick Foundation
Glow Kits & Highlighters
- Aurora Glow Kit
- Dream Glow Kit
- Liquid Glow
- Loose Highlighter
- Moonchild Glow Kit
- Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit
- Sugar Glow Kit
- Sun Dipped Glow Kit
Contour & Bronzer
- Lip Gloss
- Lip Primer
- Liquid Lipstick (some shades contain beeswax and carmine)
- Shades that are vegan: Allison, Ashton, Bittersweet, Bohemian, Clover, Crush, Currant, Dazed, Dolce, Dusty Mauve, Faded Terracotta, Grim, Hudson, Insomniac, Kathryn, Madison, Malt, Maude, Mulberry, Naked, Nocturnal, Poet, Redwood, Requiem, Rio, Ripened Red, Rock Sand, Soft Lilac, Starfish, Strawberry, Stripped, Trouble, Tulip, Violet
- Matte Lipstick
Some of Anastasia Beverly Hills makeup brushes are made using goat, pony, or sable hair however they do offer some synthetic bristle brushes that are animal-free, below is a list of their makeup brushes that are made from synthetic bristles:
- Brush #3
- Brush 7B
- Brush #15
- Brush #18
- Duo Brush #12
- Duo Brush #20
- Pro Brush
- A1 Flat Definer Brush
- A2 Precise Concealer
- A3 Firm Shader Brush
- A4 Cream Shadow Brush
- A5 Small Blending Brush
- A6 Buff and Blend Brush
- A7 Large Blending Brush
- A27 Small Firm Shader
- A28 Precise Eyeliner Brush
- A30 Domed Kabuki Brush
Not Vegan – Anastasia Beverly Hills
Below is a list of Anastasia Beverly Hills makeup and brushes that are not vegan as they contain carmine, lanolin, beeswax, or some other animal-derived ingredient:
- Alyssa Edwards Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Amrezy Palette (contains carmine and beeswax) – not vegan
- Beauty Express (Highlighting Duo Powder is not vegan) – not vegan
- Brow Definer (all shades contain lanolin) – not vegan
- Brush #14 (made with natural bristles) – not vegan
- Brush A23 (made with natural bristles) – not vegan
- Darkside Waterproof Gel Liner (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- DIPBROW® Gel (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Highlighting Duo Pencil (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Jackie Aina Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Jackie Aina Launch Edition (contains carmine, beeswax) – not vegan
- Lash Brag Volumizing Mascara – not vegan
- Liquid Lipstick – Sepia, Carina, Sugar Plum, Vintage, Potion, Vamp, Sarafine, American Doll (contains carmine or beeswax) – not vegan
- Modern Renaissance Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Norvina Eye Shadow Palette (contains carmine and beeswax) – not vegan
- Prism Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A10 Diffuser Brush (made with goat hair) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A12 Small Contour Brush (made with goat hair) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A13 Medium Shader Brush (made with pony hair) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A14 Pencil Brush (made with goat hair) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A16 Large Shadow Brush (made with kolinsky and sable hair) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A18 Angle Chiseler (made with natural bristles) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A19 Blush Brush (made with natural bristles) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A20 Large Powder Brush (made with natural bristles) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A22 Pointed Cheek Brush (made with natural bristles) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A24 Medium Shadow Brush (made with natural bristles) – not vegan
- Pro Brush – A25 Tapered Blending Brush (made with natural bristles) – not vegan
- Riviera Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Soft Glam Palette (contains carmine and beeswax) – not vegan
- Subculture Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Sultry Eyeshadow Palette (contains carmine and beeswax) – not vegan
- Tinted Brow Gel – Auburn (contains carmine) – not vegan
Is Anastasia Beverly Hills Sustainable?
Anastasia Beverly Hills’ products are manufactured in: “Our products are manufactured in different countries, including USA, Germany, Italy, or PRC. Since we have many products in various shades, please let us know specifically which items you are interested in and we will do our best to give you the needed details.”
Anastasia Beverly Hill does not claim to be a sustainable company.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find any available information on ABH’s sustainability, environmental, and social initiatives.
Is Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Mica Ethically-Sourced? I’ve emailed ABH 4 times in the past year to ask if their mica is ethically-sourced without the use of child labor but they never responded to any of my emails.
I hope this article helped you to understand Anastasia Beverly Hill’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!