Milani cosmetics is known for their affordable, high-quality makeup products but is Milani cruelty-free and vegan?
Is Milani Cruelty-Free?
Milani is Cruelty-free! None of Milani’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
In addition, Milani is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Milani has confirmed that none of their products or ingredients are tested on animals, they do not allow others to test on their behalf, and their suppliers also do not test on animals. Milani products are also not sold in a physical retail store in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing by law.
Below is what’s currently stated on Milani’s website:
Is Milani Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, Milani has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
Is Milani Vegan?
Not all of Milani Cosmetics are vegan as some do contain beeswax, carmine, lanolin or other animal-derived ingredients, however, Milani does offer some vegan makeup options.
Please reference below for a list of Milani vegan products.
Which of Milani Products is Vegan?
Below is a list of Milani products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products. You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re labelled accordingly on their website under each product description.
Face – Milani Vegan
- Baked Blush
- Baked Bronzer
- Bronzer XL
- Cheek Kiss Liquid Blush
- Color Harmony Blush Palette
- Conceal + Perfect Foundation Stick
- Conceal + Perfect Longwear Concealer
- Conceal + Perfect Shine-Proof Powder
- Conceal + Perfect Smooth Finish Cream To Powder
- Even-Touch Powder Foundation
- Fruit Fetish Make It Last Setting Spray
- Glow Luminizing Liquid Bronzer
- Green Goddess Glow Oil
- Green Goddess Makeup Melter Cleansing Balm
- Green Goddess Sleeping Mask + Primer
- Highlighter Duo
- Hypnotic Lights Powder Highlighter
- Illuminating Face Powder
- Instant Touch-Up Blur Stick
- Intense Bronze Glow – Face & Body Liquid Bronzer
- Intense Bronze Glow – Face & Body Powder Bronzer
- Luminoso Glow Shimmering Face Palette
- Make It Dewy 3-in-1 Setting Spray Hydrate + Illuminate + Set
- Make It Last Setting Powder
- Make It Last Setting Spray Prime + Correct + Set
- Make It Last Sunscreen Setting Spray SPF 30
- Prep + Set + Glow Illuminating Transparent Face Powder
- Prep + Soothe Camellia Face Oil
- Prime Correct Corrects Redness + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer
- Prime Correct Diffuses Discoloration + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer
- Prime Light Strobing + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer
- Prime Perfection Hydrating + Pore-Minimizing Face Primer
- Retouch + Erase Light-Lifting Concealer
- Rose Face Oil
- Rose Lotion Primer
- Rosewater Hydrating Mist
- Screen Queen Foundation
- Silky Matte Bronzing Powder
- Soft Focus Glow Complexion Enhancer
- Stellar Lights Highlighter Palette – Holographic Beams
- Stellar Lights Highlighter Palette – Rose Gold
- Strobe Light Liquid Highlighter
- Strobelight Instant Glow Powder
Eyes – Milani Vegan
- Easybrow Automatic Pencil
- Eye Tech Bold Liquid Eyeliner
- Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner
- Eye Tech Perfection Liquid Eyeliner
- Eyeshadow Primer
- Infinite Liquid Eyeliner
- Line Play Metallic 2-IN-1 Liner Shadow
- Metallic Lights Foil Eyeliner Pencil
- Metallic Lights Pearl Liquid Eyeshadow
- Most Wanted Eyeshadow Palette
- Precision Brow Pencil
- Stay Put® Brow Color
- Stay Put® Brow Pomade Pencil
- Stay Put® Brow Sculpting Mechanical Pencil
- Stay Put® Brow Shaping Gel
- Stay Put® Matte 17Hr Wear Liquid Eyeliner
- Supreme Kohl Kajal Eyeliner
- The Clear Brow
- The Tank Eyeliner
- The Waterproof One Mascara
- Weekend Brow Eyebrow Tint
Lips – Milani Vegan
- Bold Color Statement Matte Lipstick
- Color Statement Lipliner
- Color Statement Matte Lipstick
- Easyliner Mechanical Lipliner Pencil
- Fruit Fetish Lip Balm
- Green Goddess Transforming Lip Balm
- Keep It Smooth Luxe Lip Treatment
- Keep It Sweet Sugar Lip Scrub
- Ludicrous Lip Gloss
- Moisture Lock Oil Infused Lip Treatment
- Rose Butter Lip Mask
- Rose Sugar Lip Scrub
- Rose Transforming Lip Balm
- Understatement Lipliner
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Not Vegan – Milani
Not all of Milani cosmetics are vegan, a handful of their products do contain ingredients derived from animal origin. Below is a list of some of the products that are not suitable for vegans.
- Anti-Feathering Lipliner (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Amore Satin Matte Lip Crème (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Big & Bigger Lashes Maximum Volume Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Bold Obsession Eyeshadow Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Color Statement Lipstick (contains carmine and beeswax) – not vegan
- Conceal + Perfect 2-In-1 Foundation (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Dangerous Lengths – Ultra-Def 3D Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Fierce Foil Eyeshine Eye Palette (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Gilded Desires Eye & Face Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Hypnotic Lights Holographic Lip Duos (may contain carmine) – not vegan
- Hypnotic Lights Holographic Lip Topper (may contain carmine) – not vegan
- Keep It Full Nourishing Lip Plumper (may contain carmine) – not vegan
- Lash Trifecta Lengthens + Curls + Separates Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Pressed Powder (may contain carmine) – not vegan
- Pure Passion Eyeshadow Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Rose Powder Blush (contains lanolin) – not vegan
- Soft & Sultry Eyeshadow Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Stay Put® Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil (contains carmine) – not vegan
Is Milani Ethical?
Based in: US
Products made in: Depends on the product but typically USA, Canada, Italy, Germany. On their website, under each product description, it states where the product was made.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find any public information on Milani’s sustainability, environmental, and social initiatives.
Ingredients and Formulations Claims: Milani claims their products are free of: Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde Donor Ingredients, Glutaral, Hydroquinone, Isothiazolinone Microbiocides, alone or in combination, Plastic Microbeads (Polyethylene), Quaternium-15, Sodium Formate, Triclosan, and Triclocarban.
Response to Mica Sourcing: When I emailed Milani to ask whether the Mica they use in their cruelty-free makeup products is ethically sourced without the use of child labour, they responded stating:
“Thank you for reaching out to Milani. We understand that finding clean sources of the Mica mineral is a major challenge for all beauty brands today. Milani works with various vendors and contract manufacturers to source its products. We are actively working with all of our manufacturers to share where any mica they use is sourced and we are committed to conducting a full review of our supply chains for better insights. We will transparently share this information with our loyal fans and customers when possible. We appreciate your patience as we investigate this matter.”
I hope this article helped you to understand Milani’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.