Mario Badescu is an internationally renowned skincare brand but is Mario Badescu cruelty-free and vegan?
Is Mario Badescu Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Mario Badescu is Cruelty-free! None of Mario Badescu’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Mario Badescu has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, they do not allow others to test on their behalf, their suppliers also do not test on animals, and their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing by law.
Below is what’s currently stated on Mario Badescu’s website:
Is Mario Badescu Sold in China?
Mario Badescu products are not sold in stores in mainland China and have confirmed this to me by stating, “Mario Badescu does not have any products registered for sale in China.”
Mario Badescu is included on our List of Cruelty-Free Brands.
Is Mario Badescu Vegan?
Not all of Mario Badescu’s products are vegan as some of their products contain lanolin, beeswax, bee pollen, collagen, lactic acid, or animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, Mario Badescu does have some vegan options.
Please reference below for a list of Mario Badescu vegan products.
Mario Badescu Vegan Product List
Below is a list of Mario Badescu products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
- A.H.A. Botanical Body Soap
- Acne Facial Cleanser
- Aloe Moisturizer SPF 15
- Aloe Vera Toner
- Alpha Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion
- Anti Acne Serum
- Botanical Exfoliating Scrub
- Botanical Facial Gel
- Buffering Lotion
- Ceramide Herbal Eye Cream
- Complex Moisturizer SPF 20
- Cucumber Cleansing Lotion
- Drying Lotion
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber and Green Tea
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs
- Facial Spray with Aloe, Sage and Orange Blossom
- Glycolic Acid Toner
- Glycolic Foaming Cleanser
- Glycolic Grapefruit Cleansing Lotion
- Hyaluronic Eye Cream
- Hyaluronic Moisturizer SPF 15
- Herbal Hydrating Serum
- Moisture Magnet SPF 15
Oil FreeMoisturizer SPF 17 Oil FreeMoisturizer SPF 30
- Peptide Renewal Cream
- Peptide Renewal Serum
- Seaweed Cleansing Lotion
- Seaweed Cleansing Soap
- Silver Powder
- Special Cucumber Lotion
- Special Hand Cream with Vitamin E
- Witch Hazel & Rosewater Toner
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Not Vegan – Mario Badescu
Below is a list of Mario Badescu products that do contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products and are not suitable for vegans:
- Almond & Honey Face Scrub – not vegan
- Azulene Calming Mask – not vegan
- Bee Pollen Night Cream – not vegan
- Buttermilk Moisturizer – not vegan
- Calma Mask – not vegan
- Caviar Night Cream – not vegan
- Cellufirm Drops – not vegan
- Cellufirm Moisturizer – not vegan
- Ceramide Complex with N.M.F & A.H.A. – not vegan
- Chamomile Eye Cream – not vegan
- Collagen Moisturizer SPF 15 – not vegan
- Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin – not vegan
- Cream X – not vegan
- Cucumber Make-Up Remover Cream – not vegan
- Dermonectin Eye Cream – not vegan
- Drying Cream – not vegan
- Elasto-Collagen Night Cream – not vegan
- Enzyme Revitalizing Mask – not vegan
- Flower & Tonic Mask – not vegan
- Ginkgo Mask – not vegan
- Glycolic Eye Cream – not vegan
- Glycolic Skin Renewal Complex – not vegan
- Healing & Soothing Mask – not vegan
- Honey Moisturizer – not vegan
- Hydrating Moisturizer with Biocare & Hyaluronic Acid – not vegan
- Hydro Moisturizer with Vitamin C – not vegan
- Lip Balm –not vegan
- Kera Moisturizer – not vegan
- Olive Eye Cream – not vegan
- Orange Tonic Mask – not vegan
- Protein Night Cream – not vegan
- Revitalin Day Cream – not vegan
- Revitalin Moisturizer – not vegan
- Revitalin Night Cream – not vegan
- Rose Hips Mask – not vegan
- Seaweed Night Cream – not vegan
- Special Eye Cream “V” – not vegan
- Super Collagen Mask – not vegan
- Temporary Lifting Mask – not vegan
- The Moisture Magnet SPF 15 – not vegan
- Vitamin A-D-E Neck Cream – not vegan
- Vitamin C Serum – not vegan
- Vital with Collagen for Men – not vegan
- Whitening Mask – not vegan
Is Mario Badescu Ethical?
Based in: US
Products made in: US
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find any public information on Mario Badescu’s sustainability, environmental, and social initiatives.
I hope this article helped you to understand Mario Badescu’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.