This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, I may earn a small commission.
Josie Maran Cosmetics is a natural, organic, and eco-friendly beauty brand, known for its pure argan oil skincare products but is Josie Maran cruelty-free, vegan, or sustainable in 2021? I’ve got the answers here!
Is Josie Maran Cruelty-Free?
Josie Maran is Cruelty-free! None of Josie Maran’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Josie Maran Animal Testing Policy
Josie Maran has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf. Their suppliers also do not test on animals nor do they allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law. And finally, their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Is Josie Maran Sold in China?
Most imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals in 2021. Josie Maran Cosmetics has confirmed they do not sell their products in China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
“our products are made and manufactured in Hollywood, CA. We do not make or sell any of our products to China, as our products are cruelty-free and not tested on animals, and we’re even listed on PETA’s official site as a cruelty-free brand.”
Is Josie Maran Vegan?
Not all of Josie Maran’s products are vegan as some contain lanolin, beeswax, carmine, and/or other animal products and by-products. However, Josie Maran Cosmetics does have some vegan options.
Below is a list of Josie Maran vegan products.
The following is a screenshot of what’s currently stated on Josie Maran’s official website about its vegan products:
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re all marked accordingly on their website under each product description. See below for an example.
Josie Maran Vegan Product List
As of 2021, I will no longer be regularly updating this list of Josie Maran vegan products as all of their vegan products are now clearly marked. Check their website for the most up-to-date and accurate information on which products are vegan or not.
Below is a list of Josie Maran products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
- 100% Pure Argan Oil
- 100% Pure Argan Oil Light
- Argan Bright Skin Vitamin C Serum
- Argan Cleansing Oil
- Argan Creamy Concealer Crayon
- Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 Protect and Perfect
- Argan Enlightenment Illuminizer
- Argan Enlightenment Illuminizing Wand
- Argan Exfoliating Cleansing Powder
- Argan Oil Hair Serum
- Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation
- Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Body Renewal Serum
- Argan Moonstone Drops
- Argan Reserve Healthy Skin Concentrate
- Argan Smooth Skin Resurfacing Serum
- Argan Sugar Balm Body Scrub
- Bear Naked Wipes
- Dual Ended Illuminizing Brush
- Nirvana Hydrating Treatment Mist
- Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment
- Skin Dope Argan Oil + Hemp Seed Oil
- Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm
- The Good Brow
- Vibrancy Argan Oil Full Coverage Concealer Fluid
- Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter Tan Extender
- Whipped Argan Oil Cleansing Body Butter
- Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter
- Whipped Argan Oil Mineral SPF 45 Body Butter
- Whipped Mud Mask Argan Hydrating and Detoxifying Treatment
Not Vegan – Josie Maran
The following products by Josie Maran contain some sort of animal ingredient (like lanolin, beeswax, or carmine) and cannot be considered vegan and should be avoided:
- Argan Black Oil Mascara – not vegan
- Argan Chubby Lip Butter – not vegan
- Argan Color Stick – not vegan
- Argan Daily Moisturizer SPF 47 – not vegan
- Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil – not vegan
- Argan Lip Sting Plumping Butter – not vegan
- Argan Love Your Lips Hydrating Lipstick – not vegan
- Argan Moonstone Glow Stick – not vegan
- Argan Natural Volume Lip Gloss – not vegan
- Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick – not vegan
- Divine Drip Argan Oil and Honey Sleeping Nectar – not vegan
- Divine Drip Honey Butter Balm – not vegan
- Vibrancy Argan Oil Fresh Face Paint Palette – not vegan
- Whipped Argan Oil Beauty Butter – not vegan
- Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream – not vegan
Is Josie Maran’s Mica Ethically-Sourced? Josie Maran claims their mica is ethically-sourced without the use of child labor.
“The Mica in our products is ethically sourced, as we do require documentation from our supplier verifying that no child labor is used, and routine audits are conducted by regulatory agencies.”
I hope this article helped you to understand Josie Maran’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!