Is Haus Labs Cruelty Free?
Haus Labs is cruelty-free in 2019; none of Haus Labs’ products or ingredients are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Haus Labs Animal Testing Policy (2019)
On their website, it states that Haus Labs does not test their products or ingredients on animals. Below is a screenshot of Haus Labs’ cruelty-free claims:
This sentence, however, was not enough information for us to classify Haus Labs as cruelty-free to our standards. So I emailed Haus Labs to ask for details about their animal testing policy and they’ve confirmed the following:
- Haus Labs does not test their products on animals
- Haus Labs does not their ingredients on animals
- Haus Labs does not ask any third parties to test their products or ingredients on animals on their behalf
- Haus Labs’ raw material suppliers do not test on animals; they verify this through documentation
- Haus Labs products are not sold in any brick and mortar stores, either in the US or Internationally, and are not required by law to test any ingredients on animals due to this.
- Haus Labs products are only sold online and then shipped to customers in China and therefore they are not required to test on animals as per China’s animal testing laws.
When asked about China, Haus Labs states:
“We will be shipping our products to several other countries besides the US, both through hauslabs.com and Amazon Global. While China is one of those countries, because HAUS LABORATORIES is producing and selling cosmetics to Chinese residents via foreign e-commerce websites (Amazon and Haus Labs), there is no requirement of animal testing.”
Cosmetics that are only sold online and then shipped directly to customers in China are not required to
So just as long as Haus Labs does not sell their products in-stores in mainland China and they only stick with selling them online, then they are not required to test on animals per China’s animal testing laws.
With all that being said and verified with Haus Labs, we are happy to add Haus Labs to our List of Cruelty-Free Brands!
Is Haus Labs Vegan?
All of Haus Labs’ products are vegan and don’t contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
We are happy to officially add Haus Labs to our List of 100% Vegan Beauty Brands.
You can buy Haus Labs on Amazon.