I’ve been searching for an all-natural, cruelty-free, and vegan exfoliator for some time now and since I was so impressed with Sukin’s Sulphate-free Foaming Facial Cleanser, I thought I’d give their Super Greens Detoxifying Facial Scrub ($12.95 for 125ml) a try!
All Sukin products are cruelty-free as well as vegan!
Product Description and Claims:
a blend of kale, spirulina and parsley promote a healthy, glowing complexion while jojoba beads and bamboo gently exfoliate the skin
Micro jojoba beads and ground bamboo offer the skin a gentle polish to remove dirt and impurities. A blend of kale, spirulina, chlorella and parsley impart detoxifying antioxidants and vitamins on the skin, while pineapple, licorice and lime peel promote a clean, radiant complexion.”
Kale, spirulina, chlorella, parsley, pineapple, lime peel… Am I suppose to eat this? Sounds more like a green smoothie squeezed into a bottle! “Super Greens” is definitely the right name for this product!
- It smells SO good. The moment you open the cap, you get a rush of sweet cranberry scent without being too overpowering. It makes me feel like I’m in a fruit-infused bath of cranberries!
- Considering its name “Super Greens”, I thought the product was going to come out as this super green color but it’s actually white!
- The micro jojoba beads and ground bamboo does an amazing job of removing the daily grime off my face but it’s not irritating at all. The combo works well together as an effective gentle exfoliator, it sort of forms into a grainy sand texture that is easy to rinse off.
- When using this in the shower, I have gotten a bit of the tiny jojoba beads in my eyes. It feels like sand in my eyes but can be easily rubbed or rinsed away.
- Leaves my face feeling super soft, clean, and radiant! It doesn’t dry my skin out or leave my skin feeling flaky.
I have used it as a daily exfoliator however I feel that the jojoba beads can be a bit abrasive for those who have sensitive skin. One night, I scrubbed a little harder than usual and it left my face feeling like I got scratched by a sassy cat. There’s really no need to do what I did and scrub as hard because the product really does all the work for you.
- Suitable for all skin types
- No Sulphates (SLS & SLES)
- No Synthetic Fragrances
- No Animal Derivatives
- No Harsh Detergents
- No Propylene Glycol
- No Artificial Colours
- No Mineral Oils
- No EDTA
- No parabens
- Cruelty-Free and Vegan!
“Skincare that doesn’t cost the earth” ~Sukin
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder (Bamboo), Cetyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Jojoba Esters, Spirulina Platensis Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Petroselinum Crispum (Parsley) Extract, Brassica Oleracea Acephala Leaf Extract (Kale), Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Oil, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Fragrance (Parfum)*, Tocopherol, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol.