Going cruelty-free is one of the easiest and effective ways to combating the horrors of animals used for product testing. By saying NO to products and companies that test on animals, we are being a voice for the millions of animals that are routinely blinded, poisoned, and killed each year.
We all deserve a pat on the back for sticking with it and for taking that extra step to look for the Leaping Bunny logo but we also have to thank all of the wonderful and courageous charities that have gone above and beyond for making some serious progress in our fight against animal testing!
These charities have worked to change laws to ban animal testing around the world; educated consumers and raised awareness about animal testing; worked tirelessly with companies to help them move away from animal testing; developed alternatives to animal testing; rescued animals used in labs and giving them a new home.
We hope you will support these incredible organizations by donating, signing their campaign petition or e-newsletter, following them on Facebook and Twitter, sharing their initiatives & resources, and whatever else is equivalent to a standing ovation!
Let us know what your favourite charity or non-profit is in the comments below!
Humane Society International
Be Cruelty-Free is the leading global campaign to end animal testing for cosmetics. Join Humane Society International and their partners around the world as we fight to end cosmetics animal cruelty-forever.
Become a Lab Animal Defender and donate
- Take action: Sign the global pledge here.
- Use your voice: Follow the Be Cruelty-Free campaign on Facebook and use the hashtag #BeCrueltyFree across social media
- Get educated: View and share HSI’s infographic
Physicians Commitment for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
Since 1985, the Physicians Committee has been working tirelessly for alternatives to the use of animals in medical education and research and advocating for more effective scientific methods. Their staff of physicians, dietitians, and scientists are working with policymakers, industry, the medical community, the media, and the public to create a better future for people and animals.
Donate to the Physicians Committee here
- Learn more about the Come Clean Campaign urging companies to ‘come clean’ and reveal whether they perform animal tests so PCRM scientists can help them transition to superior, cruelty-free test methods.
- View and share Tail of Toxics Infographic
Cruelty Free International
Cruelty Free International is the the world’s leading single-issue organisation campaigning to create a world where nobody wants or believes we need to experiment on animals.
Cruelty Free International’s dedicated team combine legal and scientific expertise, research skills, media liaison, public campaigning, undercover investigations and political lobbying in order to work effectively for an end to animal experiments and their replacement with modern and humane alternatives.
Ways to give: Help today by giving whatever you can here
- Take action: Join the movement and learn more about how you can get involved with BUAV’s campaigns
- Cruelty Free International is the global campaign, calling on governments and regulators around the world to introduce a ban on the testing of animals for cosmetic products and ingredients.
- Take the Clean Up Cruelty Pledge today and do the right thing for animals by helping to make the world truly cruelty-free
John Hopkins Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing (CAAT)
CAAT promotes humane science by supporting the creation, development, validation, and use of alternatives to animals in research, product safety testing, and education.
CAAT follows a philosophy known as the 3Rs of alternatives-replacement, reduction, and refinement. Replacement: Don’t use animals if a non-animal method exists that can answer the scientific question at hand. Reduction: If you must use animals, keep the number to the minimum necessary to answer the question. Refinement: If you must use animals, keep any pain or distress they experience to a minimum.
Gifts to CAAT can be made in many ways, for many different purposes, read more…
- Altweb, the Alternatives to Animal Testing Website: The most comprehensive web resource on alternatives, managed by an international project team
- ALTEX, Alternatives to Animal Experimentation: The leading international scientific journal on alternatives
Beagle Freedom Project
Beagle Freedom Project is a project of ARME (Animal Rescue, Media & Education), a non-profit 501(c)(3) dedicated to rescuing animals in need and making educational films exposing animal abusing industries in order to educate and change public perception to save lives and end animal exploitation.
The Beagle Freedom Project is a mission to rescue beagles used in animal experimentation in research laboratories and give them a chance at life in a loving forever home.
Make a donation to the Beagle Freedom Project here
- Find other ways you can get involved in the movement with BFP
- Download the cruelty-cutter app by the BFP and go cruelty free
National Anti-Vivisection Society (NAVS)
NAVS has spearheaded the adoption of advanced, non-animal methods; exposed laboratory animal suffering and breaches of regulations with their undercover investigations; funded non-animal scientific and medical research; educated public and media about the flaws of animal research and provided legislators detailed briefings to support the replacement of animals in research with advanced methods.
Help NAVS continue their work to protect and save animals in need by donating
New England Anti-Vivisection Society (NEAVS)
Founded in 1895, NEAVS is a Boston-based, national animal advocacy organization dedicated to ending the use of animals in research, testing, and science education. Through research, outreach, education, legislation, and policy change, NEAVS advocates for replacing animals with modern alternatives that are ethically, humanely, and scientifically superior.
Become a friend of NEAVS and find how you can help them here
- Brochures and outreach materials can be found on their website and here