Winky Lux is a luxury color cosmetics and makeup brand inspired by magic but is Winky Lux cruelty-free and vegan in 2021? We’ve got the answers here!
Is Winky Lux Cruelty-Free?
Winky Lux is Cruelty-free! None of Winky Lux’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Winky Lux Animal Testing Policy
Winky Lux has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf. Their suppliers also do not test on animals nor do they allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law. And finally, their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of Winky Lux’s official animal testing statement:
In addition, I also emailed Winky Lux to ask for more information about their animal testing policy. The following is a snippet of their response:
“All of our products are registered with PETA which means we have supplied them with documentation stating we have not tested our products on animals. We are also registered for sale with the EU which means original ingredient information and testing documentation are supplied from the factory to the EU
Is Winky Lux Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, Winky Lux has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
“At this time, our products are not sold in mainland China.”
Is Winky Lux Vegan?
Not all of Winky Lux’s products are vegan as some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, Winky Lux does have some vegan options.
Please reference below for a list of Winky Lux vegan products.
The following is a screenshot of what’s currently stated on Winky Lux’s official website about its vegan products:
Winky Lux Vegan Product List
Below is a list of Winky Lux products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re labelled accordingly on their website under each product description.
- After Dark Blacklight Lip Crayon
- Creamy Dreamies (
aulait, butterscotch, creme, leche, milkshake, smoothie)
- Matte Lip Velour – all shades
- Confetti Lip Balm (rainbow, lavender)
- Flower Balm (pink, purple, blue, yellow, green, limited edition)
- Glimmer Balm (unicorn, 24kt, rosé, ruby)
- Watermelon Jelly Balm
- Matcha Balm
- Matcha Blossom Balm
- Coffee Bronzers (latte, mocha, espresso)
- Diamond Powder Foundation – all shades
- Powder Lights Highlighter (charm, celestial, jewel, birthday party)
- Whipped Cream Primer
- White Tea Tinted Veil – all shades
- False Lashes – All styles are vegan
FelinerEyeliner Pencil – Bow Tie FelinerLiquid Eyeliner – Black Cat
- Eyeshadow Palettes (Vegan)
Skin & Body Care
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Not Vegan – Winky Lux
The following Winky Lux products were not labeled as “vegan” and are therefore not suitable for vegans:
- Creamy Dreamies Lipstick – Parfait – not vegan
- Double Matte Whip 24-Hour Waterproof Lipstick (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- First Base Long-Wear Eye Primer – not vegan
- Glossy Boss Lip Gloss (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Mermaid Kitten Palette – not vegan
- Peeper Perfect Under Eye Concealer (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Pucker Up Lip Plumper (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Purrfect Pout Lipstick (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Rainbow Tinted Balm (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- So Extra Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Strobing Balm Highlighter – Radiant Pink – not vegan
- Sugar Eyeshadow Palette – not vegan
- Uni-Brow Universal Eyebrow Pencil (contains beeswax) – not vegan
I hope this article helped you to understand Winky Lux’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.