Is Volition Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Volition is cruelty-free. Volition does not test any of their products or ingredients on animals.
Volition Animal Testing Statement
Volition states on their website’s FAQ that they do not test on animals and Volition is certified cruelty-free by PETA.
In an email response, Volition kindly elaborated more on their animal testing policy stating, “PETA has very strict regulations and requires us to have all the documents from our raw material suppliers that states the products are not tested on animals in order to be certified. We also do not ask third parties to test our products out on animals.”
Volition is also not sold in-stores in Mainland China and therefore they are not required to test their products on animals as per China’s animal testing laws.
Therefore I am happy to consider Volition to be cruelty-free!
Is Volition Vegan?
Not all of Volition products are considered vegan, they do use carmine, royal jelly, snail mucin in some of their products. Volition does offer some vegan products that do not contain any animal ingredients.
Volition Vegan Product List (2019)
Below is a list of Volition vegan products that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Resurfacing Peel Pads
- Daily Vitamin Glow Booster
- Eucalyptus Stretch Mark Minimizer
- Jetset & Protect Leave-on Mask
- Moringa Silk Body Spray
- Oceanene Youth-Boost Gel
- Oil-Control Mattifying Mist
- Prismatic Luminizing Shield SPF 50
- Rose of Jericho Renewing Elixir
- Snow Mushroom Water Serum
- Turmeric Brightening Polish
- Vanishing Oil Cleanser
Not Vegan – Volition
Below is a list of Volition products that are not considered vegan as they do contain some sort of animal ingredient and should be avoided if you follow a vegan lifestyle.
- Helix Eye Gel (contains snail mucin) – not vegan
- Illuminating Body Milk (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Neroli Complete Creme (contains royal jelly) – not vegan
- Thanakha Radiant Bronzer (contains carmine) – not vegan
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know.