Urban Decay is a popular American makeup brand, most known for their Naked Collection, but is Urban Decay cruelty free in 2019?
Is Urban Decay Cruelty Free?
Urban Decay is cruelty free in 2019; none of Urban Decay’s products or ingredients are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
It should be noted that Urban Decay is owned by L’Oreal, a parent corporation that tests on animals, when required by law in 2019.
In 2012, Urban Decay was acquired by L’Oreal, a corporation that is sadly still testing on animals in 2019. Many cruelty-free consumers have since chosen to stop buying from Urban Decay as they feel their purchases are indirectly supporting and funding more animal testing done by their parent company, L’Oreal. To read more about some of the reasons to buy or boycott cruelty-free brands owned by a non-cruelty-free parent company, check out this post here.
Although Urban Decay is owned by L’Oreal, the brand has always remained committed to being a cruelty-free brand.
On Urban Decay’s website, it states “we do not test our products on animals, nor do we allow others to test on our behalf. Additionally, we require our suppliers to certify that the raw materials used in the manufacture of our products are not tested on animals.”
Urban Decay is also not sold in-stores in China and are not required by law to test on animals per China’s animal testing laws.
We are happy to add Urban Decay to our list of Cruelty-Free Brands!
Is Urban Decay Vegan?
Not all of Urban Decay’s products are vegan as some contain beeswax, carmine, lanolin, or other animal-derived ingredients but Urban Decay does have some vegan products.
Please reference below for a list of Urban Decay vegan products.
Urban Decay Vegan Product List (2019)
Below is a list of Urban Decay vegan makeup products that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products and are noted as being vegan-friendly on their website:
- 24/7 Concealer Pencil
- Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter
- All Nighter Liquid Foundation
- All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray
- All Nighter Pollution Protection Environmental Defense Makeup Setting Spray
- All Nighter Waterproof Full-Coverage Concealer
- All Nighter Waterproof Setting Powder
- Beached Bronzer
- Chill Cooling and Hydrating Makeup Setting Spray
- De-Slick Complexion Primer
- De-Slick Mattifying Powder
- De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray
- Drop Shot Mix-In Facial Oil
- Liquid Aura Illuminating Mix-In
- Naked Illuminated
- Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid
- Naked Skin Highlighting Fluid
- Naked Skin The Illuminizer Translucent Pressed Beauty Powder
- Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation
- Naked Skin Ultra Definition Pressed Finishing Powder
- Optical Illusion Complexion Primer
- Quick Fix Hydra-Charged Complexion Prep Priming Spray
- Stay Naked Weightless Liquid Foundation
- Stay Naked Correcting Concealer
- The Velvetizer Translucent Mix-In
Eyes & Brows
- 24/7 Velvet Black Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil
- Brow Beater Microfine Brow Pencil and Brush
- Brow Blade
- Brow Endowed Volumizer
- Brow Finish Gel
- Double Down Brow
- Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner
- Liquid Moondust Eyeshadow
- Perversion Waterproof Fine-Point Eye Pen
- Troublemaker Mascara
- Naked Lip Gloss Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss
- Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil
- Vice Lipstick
- Vice Lip Chemistry
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know.