Is Tatcha cruelty-free?
Yes. Tatcha is cruelty-free (not tested on animals) with some vegan options.
Tatcha’s Animal Testing Policy (2018)
Tatcha Vegan Product List
Not all of Tatcha products are vegan as they do use beeswax, honey, carmine, royal jelly, pearl, and silk derivatives in some of their products.
They also kindly sent me a list of Tatcha products that are considered vegan however I spotted Sericin (derived from killed silkworms) in some of the products listed so I removed them from the vegan product list that they provided me.
Below is a list of Tatcha’s vegan products:
- Camellia Gold Spun Lip Balm
- Cherry Blossom Lip Balm
- Gentle Rice Enzyme Powder
- Gold Camellia Beauty Oil
- One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
- Original Aburatorigami Japanese Beauty Papers
- Red Camellia Lip Balm
- The Essence
- The Water Cream
- Violet-C Brightening Serum
Below is a list of products from Tatcha that contain some sort of animal-derived ingredient like royal jelly, sericin (derived from silkworms), honey, beeswax, pearl (conchiolin protein), or carmine.
- Ageless Enriching Renewal Cream (contains silk extract)
- Ageless Revitalizing Eye Cream (contains beeswax)
- Beautyberry Silk Lipstick (contains hydrolyzed silk and carmine)
- Cherry Blossom Silk Lipstick (contains sericin)
- Deep Brightening Serum (contains sericin)
- Indigo Soothing Silk Body Butter (contains sericin)
- Indigo Soothing Silk Hand Cream (contains sericin)
- Indigo Soothing Triple Recovery Cream (contains sericin)
- Kyoto Red Silk Lipstick (contains sericin)
- Luminous Body Mist (contains silk extract)
- Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Eye Serum (contains sericin, royal jelly)
- Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum (contains royal jelly)
- Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask (contains sericin)
- Luminous Deep Hydration Revitalizing Eye Mask (contains sericin)
- Luminous Dewy Skin Mist (contains sericin, royal jelly)
- Luminous Dewy Skin Night Concentrate (contains royal jelly, sericin)
- Plum Blossom Silk Lipstick (contains sericin)
- Pure Exfoliating Camellia Soap (contains honey)
- Pure Signature Camellia Soap (contains honey, sericin)
- Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen (contains sericin)
- Soothing Rice Enzyme Powder (contains hydrolyzed conchiolin protein)
- The Deep Polish Rice Enzyme Powder (contains sodium lauroyl hydrolyzed silk)
- The Pearl (contains pearl, silk powder, hydrolyzed silk, sericin, conchiolin protein, royal jelly extract)
- The Silk Canvas (contains sericin, hydrolyzed silk, silk powder)
- The Silk Cream (contains sericin, hydrolyzed silk, hydrolyzed conchiolin protein, royal jelly extract)
- The Water Gel (contains sericin)
- Violet-C Radiance Mask (contains carmine)
Note: Ingredients and formulations of cosmetics may change since the publishing of this list, please read list of ingredients to ensure products are suitable for vegans.