Is Smith & Cult Cruelty-Free?
Yes! Smith & Cult is cruelty-free; Smith & Cult does not test any of their products or ingredients on animals.
Smith & Cult Animal Testing Policy
Smith & Cult claims to be “cruelty-free” but other than that, I couldn’t find any other information about Smith & Cult’s animal testing policy on their website.
So I reached out to Smith & Cult and they confirmed to me that they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, they do not ask any third parties to test their products or ingredients on animals on their behalf, they receive confirmation from their raw material suppliers that they also do not test on animals, and none of their products are sold in foreign markets that require animal testing (ie. China).
Therefore I am happy to add Smith & Cult to ethical elephant’s List of Cruelty-Free Brands!
Is Smith & Cult Vegan?
Most of Smith & Cult cosmetics are vegan but not all of their products are considered vegan as they do use some animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
Smith & Cult Vegan Product List
The following products from Smith & Cult are considered vegan and don’t contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
Nails – Smith & Cult Vegan
Makeup – Smith & Cult Vegan
- Built Brows Volumizing Eyebrow Powder
- Diffuse Redness Balancing Primer
- Glitter Shot Face & Body Glitter
- Glitterbaby Metallic-Shift Eyeshadow
- Glitterish Shimmer Lip Veil
- Glow Brite Radiance Boosting Primer
- Hydragloss High-Pigment Lip Gel
- Untouched Skin Brightening Foaming Primer
- Veiled Threat Weightless Micro-Blurring Foundation
Not Vegan – Smith & Cult
Below is a list a Smith & Cult products that are not vegan as they contain some animal ingredients.
BlackdropMattifying Face Primer (contains hydrolyzed pearl) – not vegan
- Fractal Prismatic Lip Sheen – not vegan
- Flash Flush Cream (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Flash Flush Powder (contains carmine) – not vegan
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at email@example.com to let me know.