Is Smashbox Cruelty-Free in 2019?
Smashbox is cruelty-free; none of their products or ingredients are tested on animals, anywhere in the world. However, it should be noted that Smashbox is owned by Estee Lauder, a parent corporation that is still testing on animals in 2019, when required by law.
In 2010, Smashbox was acquired by Estee Lauder, a corporation that is sadly still testing on animals in 2019. Many cruelty-free consumers have since chosen to stop buying from Smashbox as they feel their purchases are indirectly supporting and funding more animal testing done by their parent company, Estee Lauder. To read more about some of the reasons to buy or boycott cruelty-free brands owned by a non-cruelty-free parent company, check out this post here.
Is Smashbox Vegan?
Not all of Smashbox cosmetics is vegan as they do use some animal ingredients in their products but some of Smashbox products are considered suitable for vegans.
Please reference below for a list of Smashbox vegan products.
Smashbox Vegan Product List (2019)
Below is a list of Smashbox vegan products that do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products:
- Crystalized Photo Finish Primer Water
- Photo Finish Crystalized Primerizer
- Photo Finish Fresh Setting Powder
- Photo Finish Even Skintone Primer
- Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light
- Photo Finish Mattify Primer Stick
- Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer
- Photo Finish Primerizer
- Photo Finish Primer Water
- Photo Finish Protect SPF 20 Primer
- Photo Finish Radiance Primer
- Photo Finish Reduce Redness Primer
- Photo Finish Weightless Setting Spray
Foundation, BB + CC Cream, Concealer
- Camera Ready BB Water SPF 30
- Camera Ready CC Cream
- Halo Hydrating Powder
- Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation
- Studio Skin Concealer
- Studio Skin Flawless 24 Hour Concealer
Blush + Contour + Highlighter
Eyes & Brows
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at email@example.com to let me know.