Rodial is a luxury skincare and makeup brand offering a range of high-performance and targeted skincare solutions but is Rodial cruelty-free and vegan in 2020? We’ve got all the answers here!
Is Rodial Cruelty-Free?
Rodial is Cruelty-free! None of Rodial’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Rodial Animal Testing Policy
On Rodial’s website, they claim its products are not tested on animals and that they have some vegan-friendly products.
Below is a screenshot of what’s currently stated on Rodial’s website:
However, this is not enough information for us to classify any brand as being cruelty-free to our standards.
So I emailed Rodial to ask for more details about its animal testing policy.
In the email response, Rodial has confirmed they do not test its products or ingredients on animals, they do not allow others to test on its behalf, its suppliers also do not test on animals, they do not allow its products to be tested on animals when required by law, and its products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a snippet of the response I received from Rodial,
“We fully appreciate that this is a concern for our customers and we are proud to say that Rodial does not support animal testing and that our cosmetics are fully compliant with EU regulations.
Our products are not tested on animals. We have an agreement with our manufacturers and third parties that no animal testing has been conducted.
We do not sell our products within China.”
Is Rodial Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, Rodial has confirmed they do not sell its products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
Is Rodial Vegan?
Not all of Rodial’s products are vegan as some of its products contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, Rodial does have some vegan options.
Rodial Vegan Product List
The following Rodial products are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products. This vegan product list was provided by Rodial.
You can also shop from all of Rodial vegan products directly from its website.
Vegan Rodial Makeup
- Blusher – Copacabana, South Beach
- Collagen Boost Lip Lacquer – Bae-Berryy, Beach-Please!, Champagne Showers, Intimate, Spice Spice Baby, Stripped
- Duo Eyeshadow – Chocolate, Toffee
- Eye Sculpt
- Glamobrow – Ash Blonde, Ash Brown, Dark Ash Brown
- I Woke Up Like This Palette
- Instaglam Compact Deluxe Banana Powder
- Instaglam Compact Deluxe Bronzing Powder
- Instaglam Compact Deluxe Contouring Powder
- Instaglam Compact Deluxe Highlighting Gold Powder 07
- Instaglam Compact Deluxe Highlighting Powder 02
- Instaglam Compact Deluxe Translucent HD Powder
- Instant Filler Primer
- Instant Glow Primer
- Lash & Brow Booster
- Liquid Liner
- Microblade Effect Eyebrow Pencil – Ash Brown
- Peach Powder
- Skin Lift Foundation
- Smokey Eye Pen – Black, Brown
- Soft Focus Glow Powder
- Suede Lips – After Hours, Big Apple, Boss Babe, Calabasas, Into You, Melrose Ave, Overdressed, Power Play, Rodeo Drive
- The Powder Precision Brush
Vegan Rodial Skincare
- CBD Sleep Drops
- Dragon’s Blood Essence Mist
- Dragon’s Blood Eye Gel
- Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Mask
- Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Moisturiser SPF15
- Dragon’s Blood Hyaluronic Night Cream
- Dragon’s Blood Jelly Eye Patches
- Dragon’s Blood Lip Masks
- Dragon’s Blood Micellar Cleansing Water
- Dragon’s Blood Neck & Décolleté Sculpting Gel
- Dragon’s Blood Sculpting Gel
- Dragon’s Blood Velvet Cream
- Glycolic Booster Drops
- Pink Diamond Instant Lifting Serum
- Pink Diamond Lifting Oil
- Pink Diamond Lip and Eye Filler
- Pink Diamond Magic Gel Day
- Pink Diamond Magic Gel Night
- Retinol Booster Drops
- Rose Gold Moisturiser
- Rose Gold Serum
- Snake Booster Oil
- Snake Eye Cream O2
- Snake Moisturiser O2 SPF15
- Snake Oil Drops
- Snake Serum Drops
- Snake Serum O2
- SUPER FIT Arm Sculpt
- SUPER FIT Tummy Tuck
- Vit C Booster Drops
- Vit C Brightening Cleansing Pads
- Vit C Brightening Tonic
- Vit C Energising Sheet Masks
- Vit C Eye Soufflé
- Vit C Face Soufflé
- Vit C SPF30 Moisturiser
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Is Rodial Ethical?
Based in: London, UK
Products made in: N/A
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find any available information on Rodial’s sustainability, environmental, and social initiatives.
I hope this article helped you to understand Rodial’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.