RMS Beauty offers natural makeup & skincare made with organic ingredients. But is RMS Beauty cruelty-free, vegan, or sustainable? I’ve got the answers here!
Is RMS Beauty Cruelty-Free?
RMS Beauty is Cruelty-free! None of RMS Beauty’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
RMS Beauty Animal Testing Policy
RMS Beauty has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, they do not allow others to test on their behalf, their suppliers also do not test on animals, they do not allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law, and their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of what’s currently stated on RMS Beauty’s website:
In addition, I emailed the company to ask about if they ask others to test on animals or allow their products/ingredients to be tested on animals when required by law. They responded stating,
“We do not have a third party test on animals on our behalf, and we do not and will never test on animals when required by law. Due to our brand’s stance on animal cruelty, we do not ship or sell our products in China at this time.“
Is RMS Beauty Sold in China?
Most imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals in 2021. However, RMS has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
Is RMS Vegan?
Not all of RMS Beuaty’s products are vegan as some of their products contain beeswax. However, RMS does have some vegan options.
Below is a list of RMS vegan products.
RMS Beauty Vegan Product List
The following RMS products are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products. This vegan product list was provided by RMS Beauty.
- Back2Brow Brow Powder
- Beauty Oil
- Desire Me Duo
- Hidden Desire Palette
- Living Luminizer Glow Face & Body Powder
- Luminizing & Bronzing Powders
- Pressed Blushes
- Raw Coconut Cream
- Sensual Skin Trio
- Swift Shadows
- Tinted “Un” Powder
- Ultimate Makeup Remover Wipes
- “Un” Powder
- Vintage Cake Liner
- All Makeup Brushes
- Probiotic + Prebiotic Supplements
Not Vegan – RMS Beauty
Below is a list of RMS Beauty products that contain beeswax and are not suitable for vegans:
- Buriti Bronzer (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Eye Polish (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip & Skin Balm (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip Liner (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip Shine (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip2Cheek (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Living Luminizer (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Living Luminizer Glow Quad Mini (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Luminizer X Quad Highlighter Palette (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Master Mixer (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Master Radiance Base Cream Highlighter (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Signature Set Mod Collection (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Signature Set Pop Collection (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Tinted Daily Lip Balm (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- “Un” Cover-up Concealer (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- “Un” Cover-Up Cream Foundation (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Volumizing Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Wild With Desire Lipstick (contains beeswax) – not vegan
Is RMS Beauty Sustainable?
RMS’s headquarters is based in: USA
RMS’s products are manufactured in: Mostly in the USA
Sustainability & Environmental Initiatives: RMS Beauty is committed to using raw, food-grade, organic, wildcrafted, and non-GMO ingredients in their natural state.
Eco-Friendly Packaging Initiatives: RMS Beauty states their packaging is minimal, recyclable, or reusable. “RMS Beauty cream products are housed in recycled glass pots. Our boxes are made from 80% post-consumer recycled fiber and manufactured using 100% wind power.”
Ingredients and Formulations Claims: RMS Beauty claims their products are non-gmo, non-nano, hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, and free from soy, gluten*, parabens, sulfates, phalatates, silicone, talc, petrolatum and polyethylene/PEGs. (*RMS Beauty volumizing mascara contains wheat starch)
Is RMS’s Mica Ethically-Sourced? RMS Beauty claims their mica is ethically-sourced without the use of child labor.
“All of our ingredients are sourced fair-trade and cruelty-free. For proprietary reasons, we cannot provide specific sourcing information for the mica we use, but please know that our founder Rose-Marie spends much of her time sourcing ingredients from sustainable and environmentally friendly sources. We would never source ingredients from a facility that utilizes child labor. We will always take an ethical approach from origin to end product.”
I hope this article helped you to understand RMS Beauty’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.