Pretty Vulgar is a new vintage-inspired makeup brand sold at Sephora.
Is Pretty Vulgar Cruelty-Free?
Pretty Vulgar is cruelty-free; none of their products or ingredients are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Pretty Vulgar states on their website’s FAQ that their products are cruelty-free and Pretty Vulgar proudly displays PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies logo on their website.
Since this isn’t enough information for me to classify Pretty Vulgar to be cruelty-free to our standards, I reached out to them to ask for more details in regards to their animal testing policy and received a response I was pleasantly satisfied with:
“Pretty Vulgar is 100% Cruelty Free, we do not and will not conduct animal testing on any ingredient or formulation. And we will not purchase any ingredient or formulation from a 3rd party manufacturer or supplier that does so either.”
and when asked if their products are sold in-stores in Mainland China where animal testing is required by law for all imported cosmetics, Pretty Vulgar responded:
“We are currently only sold in the US and Canada! So no.”
With the response I received from Pretty Vulgar, I am now happy to confirm that Pretty Vulgar is cruelty-free!
Is Pretty Vulgar Vegan?
Not all of Pretty Vulgar products are vegan as some contain animal products or by-products however, Pretty Vulgar does offer some makeup products that are suitable for vegans.
Please reference below for a list of Pretty Vulgar vegan products.
Pretty Vulgar Vegan Product List
Below is a list of products Pretty Vulgar consider as being suitable for vegans and don’t contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products:
- Defined Brilliance – Eyebrow Pencil
- Faux Reals – Extreme Volume Mascara
- High Standards – Eyebrow Brush
- On Point – Liquid Eyeliner Pen
- Rising Arc – Eyebrow Gel
- The Feathers – Mascara
- The Ink – Gel Eyeliner
- The Wing Master – Eyeliner Brush
- Writing on the Wall – Eyeliner Pencil
- Bury them with a smile – Matte lipstick
- Poisonous Pout – Plumping Lipgloss
- Silent Treatment – Lip Moisturizer
- Bird’s Nest – Blurring Beauty Mousse Foundation
- Bronzed B – Bronzer
- Lock It In – Makeup Setting Spray
- Make Them Blush
- Shades that are vegan: Pretty Witty, Hush Blush, Charmingly Sinful, Shameless Flirt, Tickled Pink, Prim Vixen
- Shimmering Swan – Highlighter
- Under Cover – Concealer
- Nail Liquor – Nail Polish
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at email@example.com to let me know.
Have you tried anything from Pretty Vulgar before?