Physicians Formula has been known to be a cruelty-free brand for years and until recently, they never claimed any of their cosmetics to be vegan as some of their products contain ingredients like beeswax, carmine, and lactic acid (from milk).
After years of trying to get Physicians Formula to verify and tell me which of their products are vegan-friendly, I am finally happy to report that Physicians Formula has recently started claiming and labeling some of their makeup and skincare products as being vegan!!
This is a work-in-progress list of Physicians Formula’s vegan products. I will update this list as often as I can as new information becomes available. I also have a list of Physicians Formula’s products that are not vegan at the end of this post, so you know which ones to avoid.
Physicians Formula Vegan Product List
Below is a list of some of Physicians Formula’s vegan products that don’t contain any animal-derived ingredients:
- 24-Karat Gold Collagen Serum
- Charcoal Detox Cleansing Stick
- Killer Curves Mascara
- RefreshMint Cucumber & Bamboo Eye De-Puffer
- Rosé All Day Oil-Free Serum
- The Healthy Foundation SPF 20
- Vitamin C Brightening Facial Oil Stick SPF 30
Note: Ingredients and formulations of cosmetics may change since the publishing of this list, please read list of ingredients to ensure products are suitable for vegans.
Below is a list of products from Physicians Formula that are not vegan:
- Butter Collection Palettes (contains carmine)
- Eye Makeup Remover Lotion (contains lanolin)
- Organic Wear® Lip Treatment (contains beeswax)
- Organic Wear™ Organic Rose Oil Lip Polish (contains beeswax)
- Plump Potion™ Needle-Free Lip Plumping Cocktail (contains carmine)
- Spotlight Illuminating Primer (contains carmine)
- The Healthy Lip Velvet Liquid Lipstick (contains carmine and beeswax)