Ouidad makes hair products for every curl type, whether loose, classic, tight or kinky curls! But is Ouidad cruelty-free and vegan?
Is Ouidad Cruelty-Free?
Yes, Ouidad is Cruelty-free! None of Ouidad’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Ouidad confirmed to me in an email response that they do not test on animals and never ask others to do so on their behalf, none of their ingredients or formulas are tested on animals, and none of their products are available for sale in Mainland China or any other country that requires animal testing by law.
Ouidad is included on our List of Cruelty-Free Brands.
Is Ouidad Vegan?
Not all of Ouidad’s products are vegan as some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients and/or by-products. However, Ouidad does offer some vegan options.
Please reference below for a list of Ouidad vegan products.
Which of Ouidad Products is Vegan?
Below is a list of Ouidad products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products. This vegan product list was provided by Ouidad.
- Curl Immersion™ Low-Lather Coconut Cleansing Conditioner
- Curl Last™ Flexible-Hold Hairspray
- Curl Quencher® Moisturizing Conditioner
- Curl Quencher® Moisturizing Shampoo
- Curl Quencher® Moisturizing Styling Gel
- Curl Recovery™ Melt Down Extreme Repair Mask
- Finishing Mist Setting & Holding Spray
- KRLY® Kids No More Knots Conditioner
- KRLY® Kids No Time For Tears Shampoo
- KRLY® Kids Pump & Go Spray
- Moisture Lock™ Leave-In Conditioner
- Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment
- PlayCurl® Curl Amplifying Styling Spray
- Shine Glaze Serum
- VitalCurl™+ Balancing Rinse Conditioner
- VitalCurl™+ Clear & Gentle Shampoo
- VitalCurl™+ Soft Defining Mousse
- VitalCurl™+ Tress Effects® Styling Gel
- Whipped Curls™ Daily Conditioner & Styling Primer
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Is Ouidad Ethical?
Based in: US
Products made in: N/A
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any relevant information on Ouidad’s ethical, social, and environmental initiatives.
Sustainability & Environmental Initiatives: N/A
Eco-Friendly Packaging Initiatives: N/A
Giving Back Initiatives: N/A
Ingredients and Formulations Claims: Ouidad products are Paraben-Free. And they have some products that are also Sulfate-Free, Silicone-Free, and Gluten-Free.
I hope this article helped you to understand Ouidad’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.