NYX Cosmetics is an American affordable makeup brand sold at most drugstores in the US, Canada, and the UK. But is NYX cruelty-free, vegan, or sustainable? I’ve got the answers here!
Is NYX Cruelty-Free?
NYX is Cruelty-free! None of NYX’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
However, it should be noted that NYX is owned by L’Oreal, a parent corporation that does test on animals when required by law.
NYX’s Animal Testing Policy
NYX has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf. Their suppliers also do not test on animals nor do they allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law. And finally, their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is what’s currently stated on NYX’s website:
NYX Acquired by L’Oreal
In 2014, NYX was acquired by L’Oreal, a corporation that does test on animals when required by law.
Although NYX is owned by L’Oreal, the brand has remained committed to being a cruelty-free brand.
Is NYX Vegan?
Not all of NYX’s products are vegan as some of their products contain beeswax, lanolin, carmine, or animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, NYX does have some vegan options.
Please reference below for a list of NYX vegan products.
You can find out which of their products are vegan on this page of NYX’s website. Additionally, all of their vegan prodcuts are marked accordingly on their website in the product description. See below for an example.
NYX Vegan Product List
As of 2021, I will no longer be regularly updating this list of NYX’s vegan products as all of their vegan products are now clearly marked. Check their website for the most up-to-date and accurate information on which products are vegan or not.
Below is a list of NYX products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
Face – NYX Vegan
Face Primer & Setting
- #NoFilter Blurring Primer
- #NoFilter Finishing Powder
- Angel Veil – Skin Perfecting Primer
- Bare With Me Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Blotting Paper
- Bare With Me Hydrating Jelly Primer
- Blotting Powder
- Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Matte Primer
- Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Setting Powder
- First Base Primer Spray
- High Definition Finishing Powder
- High Definition Primer
- Hydra Touch Oil Primer
- Makeup Setting Spray – Dewy
- Makeup Setting Spray – Matte
- Mineral Finishing Powder
- Pore Filler
- Radiant Finish Setting Spray
- Shine Killer
- SFX Setting Powder
- Soft Focus Tinted Primer
- Studio Finishing Powder
- Studio Perfect Primer
- Total Control Drop Primer
- Bare With Me Tinted Skin Veil
- Born To Glow! Naturally Radiant Foundation
- Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Full Coverage Foundation
- Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Powder Foundation
- HD Studio Photogenic Foundation
- Pro Foundation Palette
- Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation
- Total Control Drop Foundation
- Born To Glow Radiant Concealer
- Can’t Stop Won’t Stop Contour Concealer
- Color Correcting Powder
- Concealer Jar
- Dark Circle Concealer
- Gotcha Covered Concealer
- HD Photogenic Concealer Wand
- Pro Foundation Palette
Bronze, Contour & Highlight
- A Bit Jelly Gel Illuminator
- Away We Glow Liquid Booster
- Away We Glow Strobing Cream
- Born to Glow Highlighting Palette
- Born to Glow Highlighter Singles
- Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator
- California Beamin’ Face & Body Bronzer
- California Beamin’ Glow Booster
- Cream Highlight & Contour Palette
- Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder
- High Glass Finishing Powder
- Highlight & Contour Pro Palette
- Highlight & Contour Pro Singles
- Matte Bronzer
- Pro Foundation Palette
- Sculpt & Highlight Face Duo
Eye Makeup – NYX Vegan
- Cake That! Powder Eyeliner
- Colored Felt Tip Liner
- Epic Ink Liner
- Faux Blacks Eyeliner
- Faux Whites Eye Brightener
- Gel Liner and Smudger
- Glitter Goals Liquid Eyeliner
- Love Lust Disco Metallic Liquid Liner
- Matte Liquid Liner
- Super Fat Eye Marker
- Super Skinny Eye Marker
- Tres Jolie Gel Pencil Liner
- Vinyl Liquid Liner
- White Liquid Liner
Eyeshadow & Palettes
- Cosmic Metals Shadow Palette
- Electro Brights Loose Pigment
- Face & Body Glitter
- Foil Play Cream Eyeshadow
- Glazed & Confused Eye Gloss
- Glitter Goals Cream Pro Palette
- Glitter Goals Cream Quad Palette
- Glitter Goals Liquid Eyeshadow
- Lid Lacquer
- Lid Lingerie
- Metallic Glitter
- SFX Creme Colour
- Shaped Glitter
- The Natural Shadow Palette
- The Smokey Shadow Palette
- 3-in-1 Brow Pencil
- Auto Eyebrow Pencil
- Build Em Up Brow Powder
- Control Freak Eyebrow Gel
- Eyebrow Cake Powder
- Fill & Fluff Eyebrow Pomade Pencil
- Micro Brow Pencil
- Precision Brow Pencil
- Tame & Frame Brow Pomade
Lips – NYX Vegan
- #ThisIsEverything Lip Oil
- #THISISEVERYTHING Lip Scrub
- Bare With Me Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil Lip Conditioner
- Butter Lipstick
- Duo Chromatic Lip Gloss
- Epic Ink Lip Dye
- Faux Marble Lipstick
- Filler Instinct Plumping Lip Color
- Glitter Goals Liquid Lipstick
- Glow-On Lip Gloss
- Lip Lingerie
- Lip Lingerie Glitter
- Lip Lingerie Gloss
- Lip Lingerie Push-Up Long-Lasting Lipstick
- Lip Lingerie Shimmer
- Lip Primer
- Love Lust Disco Lip Lingerie Trio Gloss Shimmer Glitter
- Love Lust Disco Slip Tease Lip Lacquer Vault
- Love Lust Disco Soft Matte Metallic Lip Cream Midi Trio
- Love Lust Disco Suede Matte Lip Kit
- Powder Puff Lippie Lip Cream
- Slip Tease Full Color Lip Lacquer
- Slip Tease Full Color Lip Oil
- Soft Matte Metallic Lip Cream
- Strictly Vinyl Lip Gloss
- Suede Matte Lip Liner
- Suede Matte Lipstick
- Super Cliquey Glossy Lipstick
Is NYX Sustainable?
NYX’ headquarters is based in: US
NYX’s products are manufactured in: NYX Cosmetics won’t disclose where their products are made, stating “Please be advised that our products are created all over the globe, making it difficult to know where exactly a certain product is manufactured.”
NYX Cosmetics does not claim to be a sustainable company.
Additionally, I wasn’t able to find any available information on NYX’s sustainability, environmental, and social initiatives.
Is NYX Cosmetics’ Mica Ethically-Sourced? NYX referenced their parent company, L’Oreal’s Sustainable Purchasing Policy when I asked if their mica is ethically-sourced without the use of child labor.
“Regarding your question on which Mica we use in our cruelty free makeup products, please look at the link we have provided down below regarding our sustainable sourcing for mica:
I hope this article helped you to understand NYX’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.