Melt Cosmetics has a cult
Is Melt Cosmetics Cruelty-Free?
Melt Cosmetics is Cruelty-free! None of Melt Cosmetics’ ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
In addition, Melt Cosmetics is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Melt Cosmetics Animal Testing Policy
Melt Cosmetics has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf. Their suppliers also do not test on animals nor do they allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law. And finally, their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of Melt Cosmetics’ official animal testing statement:
Is Melt Cosmetics Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, Melt Cosmetics has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
“we aren’t sold in any stores in China”
Is Melt Cosmetics Vegan?
Not all of Melt Cosmetics products are vegan as a few of their eye shadows, blushes, lipsticks contain carmine and therefore not suitable for vegans. However, Melt Cosmetics does offer a variety of vegan cosmetics that do not contain carmine or other animal products.
Please reference the list below to know which of Melt Cosmetics are vegan.
The following is a screenshot of what’s currently stated on Melt Cosmetics’ official website about its vegan products:
Melt Cosmetics Vegan Product List
Below is a list of Melt Cosmetics products that do not contain carmine or any other animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
You can also find out which of Melt Cosmetics are vegan under each product description on their website as they’re clearly labelled. But if you find yourself shopping for Melt Cosmetics in-stores or somewhere other than their website, you may find this vegan product list helpful.
Melt Cosmetics – Vegan Lip Products
The following Melt Cosmetics lip liners are vegan:
- French Kiss
The following Melt Cosmetics liquid lipsticks are vegan:
- Chick Habit
- Cookie Cutter
- Death Cherry
- Lady Like
- Mellon Collie
- Velvet Room
The following Melt Cosmetics lipsticks are vegan:
- Bang! Bang!
- By Starlight
- Dark Room
- Last Kiss
- Mary Jane
- Old Fashioned
- Old Rose
- Pink Heels
- Shady Lady
- Space Cake
- Stupid Love
Metal Lip Gloss
The following Melt Cosmetics lip gloss are vegan:
Melt Cosmetics – Vegan Face Makeup
These shades are vegan:
These shades are vegan:
- Gold Ore
- Morning Star
These shades are Vegan:
- Cali Dream
- Honey Thief
Melt Cosmetics – Vegan Eye Products
The following Melt Cosmetics eye liners are vegan:
- Golden Ticket
- Rx Queen
The following Melt Cosmetics eyeshadows are vegan:
Vegan Ultra-Matte Eyeshadow:
- Dark Matter
Vegan Iridescent Eyeshadow:
- Hopeless Romantix
Vegan Pressed Pigment:
Vegan Metallic Eyeshadow:
- Gun Metal
- Harsh Stone White
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
NOT VEGAN – Melt Cosmetics
The following Melt Cosmetics contain carmine and therefore are not suitable for vegans:
- 6six6 – Ultra-Matte Lipstick – not vegan
- 818 – AllDay/Everyday Eye Liner – not vegan
- Amelie Iridescent Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Baby Girl Stack – not vegan
- Bloodshot – AllDay/Everyday Eye Liner – not vegan
- Blurr Ultra-Matte Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Bogart Metallic Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Break Up Ultra-Matte Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Corrupt – AllDay/Everyday Eye Liner – not vegan
- Dark Matter Stack – not vegan
- Dusk – AllDay/Everyday Eye Liner – not vegan
- Enigma Ultra-Matte Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Fire Furry – Blushlight – not vegan
Gamma ray– Blushlight – not vegan
- Gemini Palette – not vegan
- Haze Stack – not vegan
- Headbang – AllDay/Everyday Lip Liner – not vegan
- Lamia – AllDay/Everyday Eye Liner – not vegan
- Lewd – Iridescent Lipstick – not vegan
- Love Note – AllDay/Everyday Lip Liner – not vegan
- Love Sick Ultra-Matte Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Love Sick Stack – not vegan
- Main Squeeze Ultra-Matte Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Neptune – AllDay/Everyday Eye Liner – not vegan
- Nevermore – Blushlight – not vegan
- Nudist – AllDay/Everyday Lip Liner – not vegan
- Phoenix – Highlighter – not vegan
- Pink Moon – Highlighter – not vegan
- Promiscuous Iridescent Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Radioactive Palette – not vegan
- Scammin’ Ultra-Matte Eyeshadow – not vegan
- She’s in Parties Stack – not vegan
- Unseen Ultra-Matte Eyeshadow – not vegan
I hope this article helped you to understand Melt Cosmetics’ cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.