Lumene is a popular Finnish beauty brand but is Lumene cruelty-free or vegan in 2021? We’ve got the answers here!
Is Lumene Cruelty-Free?
Lumene is Cruelty-free! None of Lumene’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Lumene Animal Testing Policy
Lumene has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, they do not allow others to test on their behalf, their suppliers also do not test on animals, they do not allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law, and their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of Lumene’s official animal testing statement:
I also emailed Lumene to ask for more information about their animal testing policy. The following is a snippet of the response I received from them:
We only use suppliers that don’t use animal testing. It’s against the EU cosmetics legislation for suppliers in
At the moment Lumene products are not available in China and we are not planning to enter the Chinese market so that we would need to give up on our position on animal testing.”
Is Lumene Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, Lumene has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
Is Lumene Vegan?
Not all of Lumene’s products are vegan as some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, Lumene does have some vegan options.
Below is a list of Lumene vegan products.
The following is a screenshot of what’s currently stated on Lumene’s official website about its vegan products:
Lumene Vegan Product List
The following Lumene products are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re labelled accordingly on their website under each product description.
Skincare – Lumene Vegan
- All of Lumene skincare products are vegan.
Makeup – Lumene Vegan
- Air-Light Loose Powder
- BEST MAT(T)E FOREVER Mattifying Primer
- Blur Longwear Foundation SPF 15
- Bright Boost BB Cream SPF20 Light/Medium
- Bright Boost BB Cream SPF20 Medium/Dark
- Brightening Flawless Concealer
- CC Color Correcting & Blurring Primer
- CC Color Correcting Pen
- CC Color Correcting Powder
- CC Concealer
- Extra Stay Eyebrow Palette
- Extreme Eye Marker
- Eyebrow Fixing Gel
- Eyebrow Shaping Wax
- Eyeshadow Primer
- Instant Glow Beauty Serum
- Instant Glow Fresh Skin Tint
- Instant Glow UV Primer SPF30
- Lip Balm – Invisible Illumination
- Longwear Blur Powder Foundation SPF 15
- Matte Oil-Free Foundation
- Mattifying & Pore Smoothing Primer
- Moisturizing & Illuminating Primer
- Natural Correction Concealer Palette
- Natural Glow Bronzer
- Natural Glow Fluid Foundation
- Natural Perfection CC Cream
- Nordic Glow Palette
- Northern Lights Blush
- Precision Eyeliner
- Professional Brow Definer Eyebrow Duo
- Sheer Finish Loose Powder
- Soft-Matte Pressed Powder
- Under Eye Concealer
- Watercolor Blush
Not Vegan – Lumene
Below is a list of products that did not contain the “Is it vegan: Yes” on the product description and cannot be considered vegan at this time.
If you choose to avoid non-vegan products, use this list as a reference:
- Air-Light Compact Powder – not vegan
- BEST MAT(T)E FOREVER Matte Foundation – not vegan
- BEST MAT(T)E FOREVER Mattifying pressed powder – not vegan
- BEST MAT(T)E FOREVER Wet & dry compact foundation – not vegan
- BEYOUTIFUL Perfecting CC Cream – not vegan
- Birch Black Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- BLUSH, BRONZE & BE! Bronzer & Blush – not vegan
- BORN TO SHINE Creamy Lipstick – not vegan
- CC Color Correcting Cream – not vegan
- CHEEKY Lip & Cheek Colour – not vegan
- Chubby Eye Pencil – not vegan
- Cover Stick – not vegan
- Creamy Lipstick (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Deep Impact Mascara – not vegan
- Deep Impact Waterproof Mascara – not vegan
- Essential Volume Mascara – not vegan
- Extreme Precision Eyebrow Pencil (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Extreme Stay Eye Pencil (contains carmine) – not vegan
- EYE DRAMATIZER Volume & Curl Mascara – not vegan
- EYE DRAMATIZER Volume & Curl Waterproof Mascara – not vegan
- EYES EYES BABY Eyeshadow Palette – not vegan
- EYES EYES BABY Eyeshadow Pen – not vegan
- EYES EYES BABY Precision Eyeliner – not vegan
- Eyeshadow Palette – not vegan
- FULL BROWS! Eyebrow Pencil – not vegan
- FULL BROWS! Eyebrow Gel – not vegan
- Full-on Curl Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Full-on Curl Mascara Waterproof (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Full-On Volume Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- GLOSS ME KISS Lip Gloss – not vegan
- Glow Enhancer – not vegan
- Illuminating Palette (contains proposil extract) – not vegan
- Intense Eye Pencil – not vegan
- I WAKE UP FOR MAKEUP Highlighting Pen – not vegan
- I WAKE UP FOR MAKEUP Highlighting Powder – not vegan
- KOHL ME MAYBE Kajal – not vegan
- Light Reflecting Blush – not vegan
- Lipshine – not vegan
- Liquid Matte Lipstick – not vegan
- LONGLASTING LOVE Liquid Matte Lipstick – not vegan
- Longwear Eyeshadow stick – not vegan
- Matte Lipstick – not vegan
- METALLIPS Liquid Lipstick – not vegan
- Natural Glow Blush (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Nordic Secret Volume Lash Primer (contains glycogen) – not vegan
- Northern Lights Bronzer – not vegan
- Oil Fusion Lip Gloss – not vegan
- PLUMPING DUO Lip pencil – not vegan
- PSYCHEDELIPS Holographic Lip Fluid – not vegan
- Pure Color Eyeshadow – not vegan
- Sensitive Touch Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- SSSSSHH THIS IS MY SECRET Concealer Palette – not vegan
- Silky Lip Fluid (contains carmine) – not vegan
- True Mystic Curl Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- True Mystic Volume Mascara (contains carmine) – not vegan
- True Mystic Volume Waterproof Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- True Passion Lip Color – not vegan
- TURN THE VOLUME UP Extreme Volume Mascara – not vegan
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
I hope this article helped you to understand Lumene’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.