Jane Iredale is a natural, mineral makeup and skincare brand but is Jane Iredale cruelty-free and vegan in 2021?
Is Jane Iredale Cruelty-Free?
Jane Iredale is Cruelty-free! None of Jane Iredale’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
In addition, Jane Iredale (listed as Iredale Cosmetics, Inc.) is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Jane Iredale Animal Testing Policy
Jane Iredale has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, they do not allow others to test on their behalf, their suppliers also do not test on animals, they do not allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law, and their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of Jane Iredale’s official animal testing statement:
Is Jane Iredale Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, Jane Iredale has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
Is Jane Iredale Vegan?
Not all of Jane Iredale’s products are vegan as some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, Jane Iredale does have some vegan options.
Below is a list of Jane Iredale vegan products.
Jane Iredale Vegan Product List
The following Jane Iredale products are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re labelled accordingly on their website under each product description.
Jane Iredale Product List
- Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder
- Amazing Matte Loose Finish Powder
- Balance Hydration Spray
- Beyond Matte Refill
- D2O Hydration Spray
- Disappear Full Coverage Concealer
- Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer
- Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream
- Lemongrass Love Hydration Spray
- Liquid Minerals A Foundation
- POMMISST Hydration Spray
- Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen
- PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation Refill
- PureMatte Finish Powder Refill
- Smooth Affair for Oily Skin Facial Primer & Brightener
- Zap&Hide Blemish Concealer
- 24-Karat Gold Dust
- Eye Pencil – all shades
- Eye Shadow Kit
- Purple Rain, Limited Edition Let’s Party, Solar Flare, Daytime, Naturally Matte
- Eye Shere Liquid Eye Shadow
- Brown Silk, Champagne Silk
- Eye Steppes
- Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner
- Liquid Eyeliner – all shades
- Mystikol Powdered Eyeliner – all shades
- PureBrow Brow Gel – Clear
- PureLash Mascara – all shades
- PurePressed Eye Shadow Single
- Allure, Bone, Cappuccino, Champagne, Cream, Dawn, Ebony, Forest, Hush, Iris, Nude, Oyster, Peach Sherbet, Steamy, Smokey Grey, Taupe, White, Supernova, Wink, Slate Brown
- PurePressed Eye Shadow Duo – all shades
- PurePressed Triple Eye Shadow Triple
- Soft Kiss, Brown Sugar, Pink Bliss, Sundown, Sweet Spot, Triple Cognac
- Retractable Brow Pencil
- Blonde, Ash Blonde, Brunette, Medium Brunette
- Smooth Affair for Eyes
- Canvas, Gold, Iced Brown, Lemon, Naked
Blushes, Bronzers & Highlighters
- Bronzer Refill
- Moonglow, Sunbeam
- Golden Shimmer Face and Body Lotion
- PurePressed Blush
- Clearly Pink, Flawless, Mocha, Dubonnet, Sheer Honey, Copper Wind, Whisper, Cotton Candy
- LipDrink Lip Balm – all shades
- Lip Pencil
- Nutmeg, Nude, Pink, Earth Red
- Playon Lip Crayon – Sunny
- PureGloss Lip Gloss – all shades
- PureMoist Lipstick
- Triple Luxe Long Lasting Naturally Moist Lipstick – all shades
Skin & Body
- BeautyPrep Face Cleanser
- BeautyPrep Face Toner
- BeautyPrep Face Moisturizer
- Golden Shimmer Face and Body Lotion
- HandDrink Hand Cream
- Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Not Vegan – Jane Iredale
For the most up-to-date information on Jane Iredale’s non-vegan products, check their website.
Below is a list of Jane Iredale products that are not considered vegan as they contain some animal-derived ingredients or by-products:
- Absence Oil Control Primer (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Active Light Under-eye Concealer (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- BeautyPrep™ Hyaluronic Serum (contains collagen) – not vegan
- Bronzer Refill – Rose Dawn, Peaches & Cream (contain carmine) – not vegan
- Bronzing Powder Refill – So-Bronze 1, 2, and 3 (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Circle/Delete Concealer (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- Corrective Colors (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Enlighten Concealer (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- Eye Highlighter Pencil (contains carmine and beeswax) – not vegan
- Eye Shere Liquid Eye Shadow – Peach Silk (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Eye Steppes – goBlue, goGreen, goCool (contains carmine) – not vegan
GreatShapeContour Kit – Cool, Deep (contains carmine) – not vegan GreatShapeEyebrow Kit (all kits contain beeswax) – not vegan
- Highlighter Pencil – White/Pink, Double Dazzle (contains carmine)
- In Touch Cream Blush (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- In Touch Highlighter (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain Forever (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- Just Kissed Lip Plumper (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip Fixation Lip Stain/Gloss (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip Pencil – Rose, Spice, Berry, Terra Cotta, Peach, Crimson, Plum (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- PlayOn Lip Crayon (all shades except Sunny contains carmine) – not vegan
- PureBrow Brow Gel – Blonde, Auburn, Brunette (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- PureLash Lengthening Mascara (all shades contain beeswax) – not vegan
- PurePressed Blush – Barely Rose, Mystique, Sunset (contains carmine) – not vegan
- PurePressed Eye Shadow Kit – Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Naturally Glam (contains carmine) – not vegan
- PurePressed Eye Shadow Single -Violet Eyes (contains carmine) – not vegan
- PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple – Pink Quartz (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Retractable Brow Pencil – Dark Brunette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener (contains royal jelly) – not vegan
- Smooth Affair for Eyes – Petal (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Sugar Butter Lip Exfoliator & Plumper (contains beeswax) – not vegan
I hope this article helped you to understand Jane Iredale’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.