Huda Beauty is a cosmetic brand created by beauty guru, Youtuber, and influencer, Huda Kattan. Huda Beauty has become one of the most popular and fastest-growing makeup brands but is Huda Beauty cruelty-free and vegan?
Is Huda Beauty Cruelty-free?
Yes, Huda Beauty is Cruelty-free! None of Huda Beauty’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
Huda Beauty’s Animal Testing Statement
In an email response, Huda Beauty confirmed to me that they do not test their ingredients or products on animals; they do not ask or hire any third parties to test their products or ingredients on animals on their behalf; their ingredient suppliers do not test on animals and they have manufacturers certifications to confirm this; they do not sell their products in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing by law.
Huda Beauty is included on our List of Cruelty-Free Brands.
Is Huda Beauty Vegan?
Not all of Huda Beauty’s products are vegan as some of their products contain carmine, beeswax, or other animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, Huda Beauty does have some vegan options.
Please reference below for a list of Huda Beauty vegan products.
Which of Huda Beauty Products is Vegan?
Below is a list of Huda Beauty products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
NOTE: Huda Beauty is no longer selling Mink Lashes anymore! 👏🏻
I have confirmed the following Huda Beauty and Wishful Skincare products do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products:
Huda Beauty Vegan Makeup
- #FAUXFILTER foundation
- Life Liner Duo Pencil & Liquid Eyeliner
- Makeup Remover Balm
- N.Y.M.P.H. Not. Your.
Mama’s. Panty. Hose.
- Obsession palettes
Huda Beauty Vegan Makeup Brushes
- Bake & Blend Brush (Face)
- Blur & Glow Body Brush (Body)
- Buff & Blend Brush (Face)
- Build & Blend Brush (Eyes)
- Conceal & Blend Brush (Face)
- Sculpt & Shade Brush (Face)
Wishful Vegan Skincare
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know.
NOT VEGAN – Huda Beauty
Below is a list of Huda Beauty products that contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products and therefore are not suitable for vegans:
- 3D Highlighter Palette (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Desert Dusk Eyeshadow Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Lip Contour Matte Pencil (may contain carmine) – not vegan
- Liquid Matte Lipstick (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Matte & Metal Melted Shadows (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Mercury Retrograde Eyeshadow Palette (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette
- Coral (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Gemstone (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Pastel Lilac (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Pastel Rose (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Ruby (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Neon Pink (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Topaz (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Amethyst (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Power Bullet Matte Lipstick (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Rose Gold Palette REMASTERED (contains carmine) – not vegan
- The New Nude Eyeshadow Palette (contains beeswax, carmine) – not vegan
If you do not see a product on either of our Huda Beauty vegan or non-vegan list, it’s because I haven’t confirmed whether said products are vegan or not with Huda Beauty yet. I’ll try my best to keep this list as updated as possible.
Is Huda Beauty Ethical?
Based in: US
Products Manufactured in: Around the world, check packaging labels to see where their products are made. I was told their Obsessions Palettes are made in China and their Foundation is made in Italy.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find any public information on Huda Beauty’s sustainability, environmental, and social initiatives.
Giving Back Initiatives: Huda Katten recently announced, on Instagram, a pledge to donate $100,000 to makeup artists financially affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Ingredients and Formulations Claims: No product claims on Huda Beauty cosmetics and products.
Wishful Skincare claims they use responsibly and ethically sourced ingredients where possible, and they comply with Sephora’s Clean Program, which means their products are formulated without: Parabens, Triclosan, Triclocarban, SLS, SLES, Phthalates, Formaldehydes, Retinyl Palmitate, Aluminum Salts, Benzophenone, Resorcinol, Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Coal Tar, Mineral Oil, Fragrance over 1%.