Is Hourglass Cruelty-Free?
Yes. Hourglass is cruelty-free; they do not test their products or ingredients on animals. However it should be noted that Hourglass is owned by a parent company, Unilever, a corporation that is still testing on animals in 2019.
Is Hourglass Vegan?
Hourglass is not an entirely vegan brand (yet!) Some of Hourglass makeup products do contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products, like beeswax, lanolin, and carmine, but Hourglass pledges to be an all-vegan brand by 2020.
Hourglass Vegan Product List (2019)
On Hourglass’ website, they have a helpful page listing all their products that claim to be vegan and do not contain any animal derived ingredients. I’ve taken those products that are currently listed as being vegan and compiled this list so you can use it on-the-go!
- Ambient Light Correcting Primer
- Luminous Light, Dim Light, Mood Light
- Nº 28™ Primer Serum
- Veil Mineral Primer
Foundation & Concealer
- Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation
- Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick
- Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation
- Veil Fluid Makeup
Powder, Bronzer, Blush, Highlighter
- Ambient Lighting Edit – Volume 4
- Ambient Lighting Palette
- Ambient Lighting Finishing Powder
- Diffused Light, Dim Light, Ethereal Light, Luminous Light, Radiant Light
- Ambient Lighting Blush
- Incandescent Electra
- Ambient Lighting Bronzer
- Diffused Bronze Light, Luminous Bronze Light, Nude Bronze Light
- Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder
- Brilliant Strobe Light, Euphoric Strobe Light, Incandescent Strobe Light
- Vanish Flash Highlighting Stick
- Bronze Flash, Champagne Flash, Pink Flash, Rose Gold Flash
- Veil Retouching Fluid
- Veil Translucent Setting Powder
Eyes & Brow
- 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner
- Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil
- Arch Brow Shaping Gel
- Arch Brow Volumizing Fiber Gel
- Caution Extreme Lash Mascara
- Graphik Eyeshadow Palette
- Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow – Foil
- Voyeur Waterproof Liquid Liner
- Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Lipstick – all shades
- Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss
- Vegan Shades: Ballet, Child, Ignite, Imagine, Lush, Nectar, Origami, Primal, Reflect, Siren, Truth, Verse
- Nº 28™ Lip Treatment Oil – all shades
- Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick – all shades
- All Hourglass makeup brushes are vegan and made with synthetic bristles.
Not Vegan – Hourglass
Below is a list of Hourglass makeup and skincare products that were not included on Hourglass’ vegan list, the following products may contain some animal-derived ingredient or by-product.
- Ambient Lighting Blush (shades that contain carmine: Dim Infusion, Ethereal Glow, Mood Exposure, Radiant Magenta) – not vegan
- Ambient Lighting Bronzer (Radiant Bronze Light) – not vegan
- Ambient Lighting Finishing Powder (contains carmine: Mood Light) – not vegan
- Ambient Strobe Lighting Blush (shades that contain carmine: Brilliant Nude, Euphoric Fusion, Iridescent Flash) – not vegan
- Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder (contains carmine: Iridescent Strobe Light) – not vegan
- Curator Ascent Extended Wear Lash Primer – not vegan
- Curator Lash Instrument – not vegan
- Curator Realist Defining Mascara Formula – not vegan
- Extreme Sheen High Shine Lip Gloss (shades that contain carmine: Canvas, Muse, Fortune, Icon) – not vegan
- Femme Nude Lip Stylo (contains lanolin) – not vegan
- Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- GIRL Lip Stylo (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Hidden Corrective Concealer (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Illume Sheer Color Trio in Sunset (may contain carmine) – not vegan
- Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Panoramic Long Wear Lip Liner (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow (shades that contain carmine: Aura, Blaze, Reflect, Smoke) – not vegan
- Vanish™ Flash Highlighting Stick (Gold Flash) – not vegan
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at email@example.com to let me know.
I’d love to know what are some of Hourglass’ vegan products you’ve tried and would recommend?