GOSH Cosmetics is an affordable cosmetic brand from Denmark but is GOSH cruelty-free, vegan, or sustainable in 2021? I’ve got the answers here!
Is GOSH Cruelty-Free?
GOSH is Cruelty-free! None of GOSH’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
GOSH’s Animal Testing Policy
GOSH has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf. Their suppliers also do not test on animals nor do they allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law. And finally, their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of GOSH’s official animal testing statement:
Is GOSH Sold in China?
Most imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals in 2021. However, GOSH has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
“I’m sorry but our products are not sold in mainland China.“
Is GOSH Cosmetics Vegan?
Not all of GOSH’s products are vegan as some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, GOSH does have some vegan options.
Below is a list of GOSH Cosmetics’ vegan products.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re all marked accordingly on their website under each product description. See below for an example.
GOSH Vegan Product List
As of 2021, I will no longer be regularly updating this list of GOSH vegan products as all of their vegan products are now clearly marked. Check their website for the most up-to-date and accurate information on which products are vegan or not.
The following GOSH products are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products. This vegan product list was provided by GOSH Cosmetics.
Face – GOSH Vegan
- Overnight Primer Oil Essence
- Primer Plus+ – Illuminating, Hydration, Chameleon
Prime’nSet – Neutral, Banana, Hydration
- Under Eye Primer
- Velvet Touch Foundation Primer Anti-Wrinkle
- Velvet Touch Foundation Primer Classic
BRONZER & HIGHLIGHTER
- GOSH I’m Blushing – 001 Flirt, 002 Amour, 003 Passion, 004 Crush
- Lumi Drops – 010 Coral Blush, 012 RoseGold
- Blown Away Mascara – 001 Black
- Blown Away Mascara – 002 Carbon Black
- My Favourite Mascara – 001 Black
- My Favourite Mascara – 002 Carbon Black
- Rebel Eyes Mascara – 001 Black
- Volume Serum Mascara
- 3in1 Hybrid Eyes
- Eye Xpression
- Forever Eye Shadow
- Matt Duo Eye Shadow (Brown Base, Melting Pale, Green Zone &
- Mineral Colour Pigments
- Mono Eye Shadow (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 & 15)
- Quattro Eye Shadow (Q56)
- Smokey Eyes Palette (01, 02)
- Eye Liner Pen (Liquid)
- Giant Pro Kajal
- Giant Pro Liner – 001 Blacker Than Black
- Intense Eye Liner Pen
- Kohl/Eye Liner (Black, Expresso & White)
- Long Lasting Eye Liner Pen
- Smokey Eye Liner (01, 02, 05)
- The Ultimate Eye Liner (01, 02, 03, 07)
- Velvet Touch Eye Liner Waterproof (Black Ink, Truly Brown, Hypnotic Grey, Metallic Brass, Pretty Petrol, Woody Green, Lemon Soda, Blue Moon, Alligator, Silver Screen, Sky High, Pure Natural, Classic Grey, Rebellious Brown, I Sea You & Renaissance Gold, Carbon Black)
- Xtreme Liquid Gel Eye Liner (001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 008 & 009)
- Prime’n Refresh Eye Roll-on
- Velvet Touch Eye Primer
Lips – GOSH Vegan
- Fix it Lip Primer – 001 Clear
- Forever Lip Shine (001, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008, 009 & 010)
- Kiss Me! Moisturizing Lip Balm: (02, 03, 04, 05, 06)
- Light’N Shine
- Lip Oil
- Liquid Matte Lips
Long LastingLip Marker
- Intense Lip Colour
- Kiss Me Matt Lips
- Velvet Touch Lip Primer
- Velvet Touch Lip Liner Waterproof (001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 006, 007, 008, 011, 012)
- Volume Lip Shine
Nails – GOSH Vegan
- 2 in 1 Nail Hardener
- Fast Dry Drops
- Gel Look Top Coat
- Mini Lacquers
- Nail & Cuticle Oil
- OMG Nail Lacquer – All
- Nail Lacquer – All
- Nail Lacquer – Frosted
- Nail Lacquer – Special Ed
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
NOT VEGAN – Gosh Cosmetics
The following products were not labelled as “vegan” on GOSH’ website:
- 24h Pro Liner – not vegan
- Amazing Length’n Build Mascara – Black – not vegan
- Boombastic Crazy Mascara – 001 Extreme Black – not vegan
- Boombastic Mascara – 002 Carbon Black – not vegan
- Boombastic Mascara – Black – not vegan
- Boombastic XXL Swirl Volume Mascara – 001 Black – not vegan
- Brow Kit – not vegan
- Brow Shape & Fill – not vegan
- Catchy Eyes Mascara Waterproof – 001 Black – not vegan
- Click’N Conceal – not vegan
- Effect Powder – not vegan
- Eye Designer – not vegan
- Eye Shadow Base (Waterproof) – 01 Matt – not vegan
- Eye Shadow Primer – not vegan
- Eyelight Trio (001, 002, 003) – not vegan
- Fake It! Primer Mascara – 001 Grey – not vegan
- Forever Eye Shadow – not vegan
- Foundation Plus+ – not vegan
- Giant Pro Double Liner – not vegan
- Growth Mascara – 001 Black – not vegan
- Growth Serum – 001 Lashes – not vegan
- Growth Serum – 002 Brow – not vegan
- Growth Serum – The secret of longer lashes – not vegan
- Hybrid Liner & Shadow – not vegan
- Infinity Eye Liner – not vegan
- Kohl/Eyeliner – Stone, Nude – not vegan
- Lift & Highlight – 001 Nude, 002 Rose – not vegan
- Matt Duo Eye Shadow – 008 Dusty Purple – not vegan
- Metal Eyes – not vegan
- Mineral WP Eye Shadow – not vegan
- Mix & Fix Colour Drops – 001 Light, 002 Green, 003 Purple, 004 Dark, 005 Masala – not vegan
- Mix & Match Palette – not vegan
- Multicolour Blush – not vegan
- Natural Blush – not vegan
- Primer Plus+ – 006 Filler – not vegan
- Quattro Eye Shadow (Q22, Q24) – not vegan
- Show Me Volume Mascara – Carbon Black – not vegan
- Smokey Eyes Palette – 03 Plum, 04 Blue – not vegan
- Strobelight – 001 Galactic Gold, 002 Galactic Sunset, 003 Galactic Light – not vegan
- The Ultimate Eye Liner – 04 Camuflage Green, 05 Kind of Blue – not vegan
- Velvet Touch Eyeliner – Blueberry Ice, Golden Moss, Funky Violet, Temptation, Fashionista – not vegan
- Waterproof Volume Mascara – not vegan
- X-Ceptional Wear Foundation – not vegan
Is GOSH Cosmetics Sustainable?
GOSH’s headquarters is based in: Denmark
GOSH’s products are manufactured in: Denmark
Eco-Friendly Packaging Initiatives: Some of their products that have the “OWP” logo, which stands for “Ocean Waste Plastic” is partly made from recycled plastic. But note that it’s not 100% recycled materials. I’ve seen one say “Packaging made of 40% Ocean Waste Plastic – OWP”
Is GOSH’s Mica Ethically-Sourced? GOSH Cosmetics has been non-responsive when I asked if their mica is ethically-sourced without the use of child labor.
I hope this article helped you to understand GOSH’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.