Desert Essence is an affordable personal care brand offering a range of oral, skin, and body care products but is Desert Essence cruelty-free and vegan in 2021? We’ve got the answers here!
Is Desert Essence Cruelty-Free?
Desert Essence is Cruelty-free! None of Desert Essence’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
In addition, Desert Essence is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Desert Essence Animal Testing Policy
Desert Essence has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf. Their suppliers also do not test on animals nor do they allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law. And finally, their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of Desert Essence’s official animal testing statement:
Is Desert Essence Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, Desert Essence has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
You can find Desert Essence cruelty-free products at most drugstores, as well as, on Amazon.
In addition to buying Desert Essence at the drugstore and natural health stores, I sometimes will get my Desert Essence products online and I found that iHerb has the best prices, not to mention, they also ship worldwide! Use code: FVH641 on iHerb to receive $5 off your first purchase!
Is Desert Essence Vegan?
Not all of Desert Essence’s products are vegan as some of their products contain beeswax or honey. However, Desert Essence does have some vegan options.
Below is a list of Desert Essence vegan products.
The following is a screenshot of what’s currently stated on Desert Essence’s official website about its vegan products:
Desert Essence Vegan Product List
The following Desert Essence products are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re labelled accordingly on their website under each product description.
- Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
- Aloe and Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste
- Arnica and Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste
- Neem Toothpaste- Cinnamint
- Pink Himalayan Salt and Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste
- Tea Tree Oil & Neem Toothpaste
- Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste – Fennel
- Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste – Mint
- Ultra Care Toothpaste – Mega Mint
- Whitening Plus Toothpaste – Cool Mint
- Coconut Oil Dual Phase Pulling Rinse
- Coconut Oil Mouthwash
- Neem Mouthwash Cinnamint
- Tea Tree Oil Mouthwash
- Ultra Care Mouthwash – Mega Mint
- Whitening Plus Mouthwash – Cool Mint
- Coconut Shampoo
- Fragrance Free Shampoo
- Green Apple & Ginger Shampoo
- Island Mango Shampoo
- Italian Lemon Shampoo
- Italian Red Grape Shampoo
- Lemon Tea Tree Shampoo
- Red Raspberry Shampoo
- Smoothing Shampoo
- Tea Tree Replenishing Shampoo
- Coconut Conditioner
- Fragrance Free Conditioner
- Green Apple & Ginger
- Italian Lemon Conditioner
- Italian Red Grape Conditioner
- Island Mango Conditioner
- Lemon Tea Tree Conditioner
- Red Raspberry Conditioner
- Smoothing Conditioner
Vegan Hair Styling Products
- Coconut Hair Defrizzer and Heat Protector
- Coconut Shine & Refine Hair Lotion
- Coconut Soft Curls Hair Cream
- Smoothing Primer
Bath & Body
Vegan Bar Soaps
- Creamy Coconut Soap Bar
- Exfoliating Lemon Soap Bar
- Island Mango Soap Bar
- Lavender Soap Bar
- Lemongrass Soap Bar
- Peppermint Soap Bar
Vegan Body and Hand Wash
- Bulgarian Lavender Body Wash
- Castile Liquid Soap
- Coconut Body Wash
- Fragrance Free Body Wash
- Green Apple & Ginger Body Wash
- Spicy Vanilla Chai Body Wash
- Sweet Almond Body Wash
Vegan Body Care
- 100% Pure Jojoba Oil
- Bulgarian Lavender Hand & Body Lotion
- Coconut Hand & Body Lotion
- Coconut Lime Hand & Body Lotion
- Fragrance Free Hand and Body Lotion
- Island Mango Hand & Body Lotion
- Italian Lemon Hand & Body Lotion
- Jojoba & Sunflower Body Oil
- Jojoba, Coconut & Chamomile Body Oil
- Moringa, Jojoba, & Rose Hip Oil
- Organic Coconut & Jojoba Oil
- Organic Coconut, Jojoba, & Coffee Oil
- Organic Jojoba Oil
- Perfect Pistachio Foot Repair Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Hand Repair Cream
- Spicy Vanilla Chai Hand & Body Lotion
- Sweet Almond Hand & Body Lotion
- Tropical Coconut Hand & Body Lotion
- Dry by Nature Deodorant
- Lemon Tea Tree Deodorant
- Spring Fresh Deodorant
- Tea Tree Oil Deodorant with Lavender
- Tropical Breeze Deodorant
- Creamy Oil Cleanser
- Gentle Nourishing Organic Cleanser
- Gentle Stimulating Facial Scrub
- Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads
- Thoroughly Clean Face Wash – Original
- Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Sea Kelp
Vegan Moisturizers & Oils
- 100% Australian Tea Tree Oil
- Balancing Face Oil
- Blemish Touch Stick
- Daily Essential Moisturizer
- Eco-Harvest® Tea Tree Oil
- Kinder To Skin Australian Tea Tree Oil
- Relief Spray
- Organic Tea Tree Oil
- Restorative Face Oil
- Revitalizing Oils Moisturizer
NOT VEGAN – DESERT ESSENCE
The following Desert Essence products are NOT vegan as they contain some animal-derived ingredients:
- Anti-Breakage Conditioner (contains keratin) – not vegan
- Anti-Breakage Hair Mask (contains keratin) – not vegan
- Anti-Breakage Shampoo (contains keratin) – not vegan
- Lip Rescue™ SPF 30 Lip Balm (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip Rescue Moisturizing (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip Rescue Therapeutic (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Lip Rescue Ultra Hydrating (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Tea Tree Oil Dental Floss (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Tea Tree Oil Dental Tape (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Tea Tree Oil Skin Ointment (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Tea Tree Replenishing Conditioner (contains keratin) – not vegan
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
I hope this article helped you to understand Desert Essence’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.