We all want quick and easy solutions to help us make better and informed consumer choices, and thankfully there are some helpful tools we can use that are available right at our fingertips – literally!
Currently there are 3 mobile apps available on the market to assist you in the wonderful world of cruelty-free shopping. There are always going to be more mobile app development happening to create more cruelty-free applications for the app store. Whether you’re looking for a new deodorant, dish detergent, or even furniture polish… these apps will help you out immensely, saving you time and energy!
In this post, I’m going to share with you my review and ratings of each app’s features!
CRUELTY-FREE BY LEAPING BUNNY
The Cruelty-Free app alphabetically lists over 200 U.S. and Canadian companies that are certified under the Leaping Bunny Program. You can also use the search bar at the top and type in a brand name.
There is another list available on this cruelty-free app where you can find cruelty-free brands within a product’s category like nail care, dish detergent, self-tanners, and more.
The Cruelty-Free app also lets users scan a product’s barcode to instantly know whether the brand is certified by Leaping Bunny.
BUNNY FREE BY PETA
The Bunny Free app allows users to check to see if a company is cruelty-free using one of their three features; (1) Typing the company’s name in the search box (2) Scan a product’s barcode (3) Browse their alphabetically ordered brand list. It also provides you with the company’s details like address, phone number, website, products and availability.
CRUELTY-CUTTER BY THE BEAGLE FREEDOM PROJECT
Cruelty-Cutter is my all-time favourite cruelty-free mobile app in which I had to write a separate blog post outlining the many cool features provided by the app and that you can click here to read.
In short, Cruelty-Cutter combines all the features available from both the Cruelty-Free and Bunny Free apps, and then some.
- Scan a product
- Search by company’s name
- Cruelty-Free directory list by company’s name
- Cruelty-Free directory list by category like nail care, dish detergent, self-tanners, and more.
- Provides company’s information like direct link to website, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
Some additional features:
- Keeps a log in your ‘History’ of all the products you scanned
- You can add a product that you’ve scanned to your list of ‘Favourites’
- Ability to share your results with friends on social media with ease
- Earn ‘Doggie Dollars’ when you take action which you can redeem them for deals on cruelty-free products
So there you have it!
Three great tools to help you shop cruelty-free because what you buy DOES make a difference!