Butter LONDON is an American cosmetics brand mostly known for their high-quality nail polishes but is butter LONDON cruelty-free and vegan in 2021? We’ve got the answers here!
Is butter LONDON Cruelty-Free?
butter LONDON is Cruelty-free! None of butter LONDON’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
butter LONDON Animal Testing Policy
Butter LONDON has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, they do not allow others to test on their behalf, their suppliers also do not test on animals, they do not allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law, and their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of butter LONDON’s official animal testing statement:
Is butter LONDON Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, butter LONDON has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
Is butter LONDON Vegan?
Not all of butter LONDON’s products are vegan as some of their products contain animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, butter LONDON does have some vegan options.
Below is a list of butter LONDON vegan products.
Note: butter LONDON regular nail lacquers are NOT vegan (contains hydrolyzed silk) but their Patent Shine 10X™ nail lacquers ARE vegan.
“We have verified this with the manufacturer. As per the list that I provided you with in an earlier message, please note that only the new Patent Nail Lacquers are considered vegan. The regular nail lacquers are not.”
You can tell the difference between butter LONDON’s regular nail lacquers and their Patent Shine 10X (vegan) one by the packaging; the bottle cap is a chrome, silver color versus black or gold on their regular nail lacquer bottle.
Butter London Vegan Products
The following butter LONDON products are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products. This vegan product list was provided by butter LONDON.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re labeled accordingly on their website under each product description.
- Hardwear Shine UV Topcoat
- Melt Away Cuticle Exfoliator
- P.D. Quick Dry Conditioning Drops
- Patent-Gel Top & Tails
- Patent Shine 10XT Nail Lacquer – ALL
- Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon – ALL
- Glazen Lip Glaze – Rose Dust, Magic Dust, Gold Dust, Fairy Dust
- LIPPY Liquid Lipstick – Fruit Cake, Tea with the Queen, Trout Pout, Yummy Mummy, La Moss, Ladybird, Come to Bed Red, Toff, Mulled Wine
- LIPPY Moisture Matte Lipstick – Abbey Rose, Blowing Raspberries, Come to Bed Red, Dahling, Ladybird, Loved Up, Mush, Old Blighty, Primrose Hill Picnic, Ruby Murray, Toff
- Plush Rush Lip Liner – Sweet Something, Spiced Wine, Red Hot, Sizzle Pink
- Plush Rush Satin Matte Lipstick – ALL
- Sheer Wisdom Lush Lip Oil – ALL
EYES & BROWS
- Glazen Eye Gloss – ALL
- Glazen™ Lustrous Liner – Disco, Flare, Ultraviolet
- Eye Pencil – Alabaster Gaze, Brown Sugar, Busker, Cor Blimey, Holland, Union Jack Black
- ICONOCLAST Infinite Lacquer Liner
- Matte Liquid Eyeliner – ALL
- Sheer Wisdom Serum Shadow – ALL
- SmokeStick Quick Smoky Eye Duo – Buzzworthy, Night Shift
- Stroke of Wow™ Roll On Liner – Morning Espresso
- Tailored Brow Tint – ALL
- WINK Matte Liquid Eyeliner – ALL
- BlushClutch – Simply Sweet Violet, Tiger Lily, Hibiscus
- BronzerClutch – ALL
- Glazen™ Blush Gelée – ALL
- Glazen™ Face Glow Crystal
- Glazen™ Highlighting Gel – Champagne, Chandelier
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Not Vegan – Butter London
Below is a list of Button LONDON products that are not considered vegan as they contain animal-derived ingredients:
- Eye Pencils – Inky Six, Indigo Punk – not vegan
- FitLash Volumizing Primer (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Glazen Lip Glaze – Sugar Dust, Pixie Dust (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Glazen Lustrous Liner – Magnetic (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Horse Power Nail Rescue Basecoat – not vegan
- Inky Six ElectraLash Colour Amplifying Mascara (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Nail Foundation Priming Basecoat – not vegan
- On the Glow Pen (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Plush Rush Lip Gloss (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Plush Rush Lipsticks (contains beeswax) – not vegan
- Pretty Proper ShadowClutch (contains carmine) – not vegan
- QuickFix Moisturizing Cuticle Balm – not vegan
- Scrubbers 2-in-1 Prep & Remover Wipes – not vegan
- Stroke of Wow™ Roll On Liner – Pitch Black (contains carmine) – not vegan
- Trend Lacquers (with the black or gold caps)- not vegan
I hope this article helped you to understand butter LONDON’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.