bareMinerals is a mineral makeup brand, most known for
Is bareMinerals Cruelty-Free?
Yes, bareMinerals is Cruelty-free! None of bareMinerals’ ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
However, it should be noted that bareMinerals is owned by Shiseido, a parent corporation that does test on animals when required by law.
bareMinerals has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, they do not allow others to test on their behalf, their suppliers also do not test on animals, and their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing by law.
Below is what’s currently stated on bareMinerals’ website:
bareMinerals Acquired by Shiseido
In 2010, Bare Escentuals (bareMinerals) was acquired by Shiseido, a corporation that does test on animals when required by law.
Although bareMinerals is owned by Shiseido, the brand has remained committed to being a cruelty-free brand.
bareMinerals is included on our List of Cruelty-Free Brands.
Is bareMinerals Vegan?
Not all of bareMinerals’ products are vegan as some of their products contain carmine, beeswax, lanolin, or other animal-derived ingredients or by-products. However, bareMinerals does have some vegan options.
Please reference below for a list of bareMinerals vegan products.
bareMinerals Vegan Product List
Below is a list of bareMinerals products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re labelled accordingly on their website under each product description.
Face – Makeup
- BAREPRO 16-Hr Full Coverage Concealer
- BAREPRO Performance Wear Liquid Foundation SPF 20
- BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation
- bareSkin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer
- Blemish Rescue Anti-Redness Mattifying Primer
- Combo Control Milky Face Primer
- Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick SPF 25
- Complexion Rescue Tinted Moisturiser
- Correcting Concealer SPF 20
- Dew Mist Shimmering Setting Spray
- Endless Summer Bronzer
- Good Hydrations™ Silky Face Primer
- MATTE Foundation SPF 15
- Mineral Veil
- Mineral Veil Finishing Powder SPF 25
- ORIGINAL Foundation SPF 15
- Prime Time BB Primer – Cream Daily Defense SPF 30
- Prime Time Foundation Primer
- SPF 20 Concealer
- Well-Rested Eye Brightener SPF 20
Eyes – Makeup
- BAREPRO® 16-Hour Full Coverage Concealer
- Correcting Concealer SPF 20
- Lash Domination Ink Liner
- LASHTOPIA Mega Volume Mineral-Based Mascara
- ONE FINE LINE Micro Precision Eyeliner
- Well-Rested® Under Eye Brightener SPF 20
Lips – Makeup
- BAREPRO Longwear Lipstick
- GEN NUDE Matte Liquid Lipstick
- GEN NUDE Patent Lip Lacquer
- MINERALIST Hydra Smoothing Lipstick
- Statement Lip Matte Liquid Lipcolour
- All of bareMinerals skincare products are vegan.
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Is bareMinerals Ethical?
Based in: the US
Products manufactured in: the US
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to find any public information on bareMinerals’ sustainability, environmental, and social initiatives.
Eco-Friendly Packaging Initiatives: I couldn’t find any information on bareMinerals packaging but bareMinerals has a Give Back, Get Back Recycling Program that allows members of their loyalty program to bring their empty makeup containers to a store location in exchange for points toward their next purchase.
Giving Back Initiatives: bareMinerals donates 1% of sales to The Power of Good Fund, a women’s empowerment project of Hopewell Fund that provides women with support for education, mentorship, and entrepreneurialism.
In addition, proceeds generated from their recycling program are donated to help alleviate hunger in local communities, in partnership with the g2 revolution® Feed the Future initiative.
Ingredients and Formulations Claims: bareMinerals products are paraben-free, phthalate-free, formaldehyde-free, chemical sunscreen-free, triclosan-free, triclocarbon-free, propylene glycol-free, mineral oil-free, coal tar-free, and microbead-free.
Response to Mica Sourcing: I tried asking bareMinerals about whether the Mica used in their cruelty-free products is ethically-sourced without the use of child labour but they never responded back.
I hope this article helped you to understand bareMinerals’ cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.