Is Amika Cruelty-Free?
Amika is Cruelty-free! None of Amika’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
In addition, Amika is certified cruelty-free by Leaping Bunny.
Amika Animal Testing Policy
Amika has confirmed they do not test their products or ingredients on animals or ask others to test on their behalf. Their suppliers also do not test on animals nor do they allow their products to be tested on animals when required by law. And finally, their products are not sold in stores in mainland China or any other country that may require animal testing.
Below is a screenshot of Amika’s official animal testing statement:
In addition, I also emailed Amika to ask for more information about their animal testing policy. The following is a snippet of the response I received from them:
“We do not test our products, or our raw ingredients, or have a third party test our products or raw ingredients on animals. We have a verified animal testing-free supply chain. We do not sell our hair products in China or have plans to sell there in the future.”
Is Amika Sold in China?
All imported cosmetics sold in mainland China are required by law to be tested on animals. However, Amika has confirmed they do not sell their products in retail stores in mainland China and therefore they are not required to test on animals.
Is Amika Vegan?
Not all of Amika products are vegan as some contain hydrolyzed keratin (derived from sheep’s wool) and honey. However, Amika does have some vegan options.
Below is a list of Amika Vegan Products.
The following is a screenshot of what’s currently stated on Amika’s official website about its vegan products:
Amika Vegan Product List
The following Amika products are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products.
You can also find out which of their products are vegan as they’re labelled accordingly on their website under each product description.
Shampoo + Conditioner – Amika Vegan
- Nice cream cleansing conditioner
- Normcore signature conditioner
- Normcore signature shampoo
- Vault color-lock conditioner
- Vault color-lock shampoo
- Velveteen dream smoothing conditioner
- Velveteen dream smoothing shampoo
Dry Shampoo – Amika Vegan
Masks & Treatments – Amika Vegan
- Bust your brass violet leave-in treatment foam
- Glass action universal elixir
- Reset pink charcoal scalp cleansing oil
- Soulfood nourishing mask
- The kure intense repair mask
Prime + Protect – Amika Vegan
- Blockade heat defense serum
- Brooklyn bombshell blowout spray
- Glass action universal elixir
- Plus size perfect body mousse
- The wizard detangling primer
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at [email protected] to let me know.
Not Vegan – Amika
The following products from Amika contain animal-derived ingredients and are not suitable for vegans.
- Bust your brass cool blonde conditioner (contains Hydrolyzed Keratin) – not vegan
- Bust your brass cool blonde shampoo(contains Hydrolyzed Keratin) – not vegan
- The kure repair conditioner (contains Hydrolyzed Keratin) – not vegan
- The kure repair shampoo (contains Hydrolyzed Keratin) – not vegan
- The shield anti-humidity spray (contains Hydrolyzed Keratin) – not vegan
I hope this article helped you to understand Amika’s cruelty-free and vegan status and by choosing cruelty-free together, we can help end animal testing for cosmetics once and for all!
If you liked this cruelty-free resource, then please subscribe to our monthly newsletter for more resources and guides to living your BEST cruelty-free and vegan life! You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook.