AG Hair is a high-performing Canadian natural hair care brand but is AG Hair cruelty-free in 2020?
Is AG Hair Cruelty-Free?
Yes, AG Hair is Cruelty-Free! None of AG Hair’s ingredients, formulations, or finished products are tested on animals, anywhere in the world.
AG Hair has confirmed to me that they do not test their products or ingredients on animals, they do not ask others to test on their behalf, their raw material suppliers do not test on animals, and their products are only sold online to mainland China and not in a physical retail store and therefore they’re not required by law to test on animals.
AG Hair is included on our List of Cruelty-Free Brands.
Is AG Hair Vegan?
Not all of AG Hair products are vegan as some of their products contain lanolin and/or animal-derived keratin. However, AG Hair does offer some vegan products.
Please reference below for a list of AG Hair vegan products.
Which of AG Hair Products is Vegan?
Below is a list of AG Hair products that are suitable for vegans and do not contain any animal-derived ingredients or by-products. This vegan product list was provided by AG Hair.
- Aerodynamics lightweight finishing spray
- Firewall argan shine & flat iron spray
- Infrastructure structurizing pomade
- Root Thikkening Serum for fine to thinning hair
- Thikkening Lotion for fine to very fine hair
- Ultradynamics extra-firm finishing spray
- Waxx high shine pomade
The Natural collection is up to 98% plant-based and naturally-derived:
- Balance apple cider vinegar sulfate-free shampoo
- Bloom flexible hold hairspray
- Boost apple cider vinegar conditioner
- Cloud air light volumizing mousse
- Coco nut milk conditioning spray
- Dry Lift texture and volume paste
- Glow shine infuse serum
- Remedy apple cider vinegar leave on mist
- Rosehip Balm hair dry lotion
The Repair collection is vegan and features vitamin C, plant-based squalane, vegetable protein and plant-based collagen:
- Reconstruct vitamin c strengthening mask
- Repair Serum vitamin c strengthening sealant
- Slip vitamin c dry oil spray
- Vita C Conditioner vitamin c strengthening conditioner
- Vita C Shampoo vitamin c sulfate-free strengthening shampoo
This vegan product list is updated as frequently as possible, please be aware that formulations may have changed since the publication of this post. If you have new information to suggest one of the above products isn’t vegan, please email me at email@example.com to let me know.
Get to Know AG Hair
Based in: Vancouver, Canada
Products made in: AG Hair has a manufacturing facility in Coquitlam, Canada.
Sustainability & Environmental Initiatives – AG Hair claims, “Many of the ingredients we currently use are naturally-derived and over 95% of the ingredients in our product line are either bio or photo degradable. 100% natural and sustainably sourced ingredients is our priority as we continuously strive to improve our products and introduce new ones to our line.”
Eco-Friendly Packaging Initiatives: AG bottles are BPA-free and recyclable.
Giving Back Initiatives: A portion of every AG Hair bottle sold supports One Girl Can, a registered charity that provides educational opportunities to girls living in Kenya and Uganda.
Ingredients and Formulations Claims: AG Hair claims all of their products are Paraben-Free, DEA-Free, PABA-Free, and Gluten-Free with some options that are Sulfate-Free and Silicone-Free.