At Ethical Elephant (“Ethical Elephant” or “we”), we recognize the need to protect the privacy of the personal information we collect or you provide to us when you access and use our website (www.ethicalelephant.com) (the “Website”).
1. Protection of Your Information. We are accountable for the information in our custody. Therefore, when we collect or use your information, we will utilize commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure its protection. It should be noted that no security procedure is currently 100% effective. Should any breach of your Personal Information occur, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible, as required by applicable law.
2. Type and Purpose of Collection. We collect information at various points in the Website to facilitate its use by our customers. Specifically, two types of information are collected:
3. Right to Examine Information. You have the right to examine any of your Personal Information that we collect. Should you wish to examine such information, please send us a written request to email@example.com. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee to access your information, as permitted by applicable law. In certain cases we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information (ex: if the information also pertains to the Personal Information of another user)
4. Withdrawal of Consent. You may withdraw your consent to the collection of Personal Information at any time by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receiving notice that you have revoked your consent, we will stop using your Personal Information within a reasonable time, which will vary depending on what information we have collected and for what purpose. Please note that we will send you an email confirmation upon receipt of your request. Therefore, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us again with your request. If you do choose to withdraw such consent, your experience on the Website may be diminished, or your ability to choose some of the options on the Website or the services provided therein may be limited.
5. Sharing Information. We will not sell, rent or disclose to outside parties the information we collect, save and except that we may share the collected information with other parties as follows:
6. External Links. The Website contains links and references to other websites. We are not responsible for the collection, use and disclosure of information, or the privacy practices of such websites, and we expressly disclaim any liability relating thereto.
9. Persons Under 18. The Website is not marketed toward persons under the age of 18. If Ethical Elephant discovers that it has inadvertently collected Personal Information about individuals under the age 18, it will promptly delete such information.